Jeannette M Beasley
Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Brief telephone intervention increases soy intake in peri- and postmenopausal US women: the Herbal Alternatives Trial (HALT)Jeannette M Beasley
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave, N M3 A410, PO Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 110:1189-97. 2010..The purpose of this study was to describe and evaluate the effectiveness of a telephone-based soy intervention...
- Meeting the physical activity guidelines and survival after breast cancer: findings from the after breast cancer pooling projectJeannette M Beasley
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1000 Fairview Ave N M3 A410, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 131:637-43. 2012..96, 95% CI, 0.86-1.06). These data suggest that adhering to the PA guidelines may be an important intervention target for reducing mortality among breast cancer survivors...
- Protein intake and incident frailty in the Women's Health Initiative observational studyJeannette M Beasley
Clinical Coordinating Center, Women s Health Initiative, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:1063-71. 2010..To evaluate the association between protein intake and incident frailty...
- Higher biomarker-calibrated protein intake is not associated with impaired renal function in postmenopausal womenJeannette M Beasley
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Nutr 141:1502-7. 2011..These data suggest higher protein intake is not associated with impaired renal function among postmenopausal women without a diagnosis of chronic kidney disease...
- Is protein intake associated with bone mineral density in young women?Jeannette M Beasley
Group Health Research Institute, 1730 Minor Avenue, Suite 1600, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 91:1311-6. 2010..The range of protein intakes for optimizing bone health among premenopausal women is unclear. Protein is a major constituent of bone, but acidic amino acids may promote bone resorption...
- Biomarker-calibrated dietary energy and protein intake associations with diabetes risk among postmenopausal women from the Women's Health InitiativeLesley F Tinker
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Am J Clin Nutr 94:1600-6. 2011..Self-report of dietary energy and protein intakes has been shown to be systematically and differentially underreported...
- Post-diagnosis dietary factors and survival after invasive breast cancerJeannette M Beasley
Cancer Prevention Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 128:229-36. 2011..This study suggests that lower intake of saturated and trans fat in the post-diagnosis diet is associated with improved survival after breast cancer diagnosis...
- Oral contraceptive use and bone density change in adolescent and young adult women: a prospective study of age, hormone dose, and discontinuationDelia Scholes
Group Health Research Institute, Group Health Cooperative, 1730 Minor Avenue, 16th Floor, Seattle, Washington 98101, USA
J Clin Endocrinol Metab 96:E1380-7. 2011..Oral contraceptive (OC) use is common, but bone changes associated with use of contemporary OC remain unclear...
- Toward a positive aging phenotype for older women: observations from the women's health initiativeNancy Fugate Woods
Biobehavioral Nursing and Health Systems, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 67:1191-6. 2012....
- Alcohol and risk of breast cancer in Mexican womenJeannette M Beasley
Group Health Research Institute, 1730 Minor Avenue Suite 1600, Seattle, WA, 98101, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:863-70. 2010..Little is known about the relationship between alcohol intake and breast cancer risk among Mexican women. This association may be modified by folate and Vitamin B12...
- Social networks and survival after breast cancer diagnosisJeannette M Beasley
Cancer Prevention Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, M3 A410, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Cancer Surviv 4:372-80. 2010..We prospectively examined the relation between components of social integration and survival in a large cohort of breast cancer survivors...
- Oral contraceptive use and bone density in adolescent and young adult womenDelia Scholes
Group Health Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, Seattle, WA 98101, USA
Contraception 81:35-40. 2010..Most of the millions of oral contraceptive (OC) users are under 30 years of age and in the critical period for bone mass accrual...
- Associations between macronutrient intake and self-reported appetite and fasting levels of appetite hormones: results from the Optimal Macronutrient Intake Trial to Prevent Heart DiseaseJeannette M Beasley
Center for Health Studies, Group Health Cooperative, 1730 Minor Avenue, Seattle, WA 98101 1404, USA
Am J Epidemiol 169:893-900. 2009..The observed pattern of hormone changes does not explain the inverse association between protein intake and appetite...