Genomes and Genes
Anthony T Yeung
Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- One-hit effects in cancer: altered proteome of morphologically normal colon crypts in familial adenomatous polyposisAnthony T Yeung
Division of Basic Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Cancer Res 68:7579-86. 2008..These changes may represent the earliest biomarkers of colorectal cancer development, potentially leading to the identification of molecular targets for cancer prevention...
- APC +/- alters colonic fibroblast proteome in FAPBhavinkumar B Patel
Developmental Therapeutics, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Oncotarget 2:197-208. 2011..The results indicate that heterozygosity for a mutant APC tumor suppressor gene alters the proteomes of both colon-derived normal fibroblasts in a gene-specific manner, consistent with a "one-hit" effect...
- Immunodepletion plasma proteomics by tripleTOF 5600 and Orbitrap elite/LTQ-Orbitrap Velos/Q exactive mass spectrometersKelly A Jones
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, United States
J Proteome Res 12:4351-65. 2013....
- Searchable high-resolution 2D gel proteome of the human colon cryptBhavinkumar B Patel
Division of Basic Science, Medical Science, and Population Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Proteome Res 6:2232-8. 2007..These interactive, searchable, hyperlink-enabled proteome maps and gene ontology analyses will facilitate future studies to discover the earliest markers and intervention targets during progression to colon cancer...
- Potential prognostic biomarkers of pancreatic cancerKathryn T Chen
From the Department of Surgical Oncology, Developmental Therapeutics, and Departments of Biostatistics, Pathology, and Gastroenterology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA
Pancreas 43:22-7. 2014..We evaluated whether pancreatic main duct fluid can provide protein biomarkers with prognostic value...
- Altered gene expression in morphologically normal epithelial cells from heterozygous carriers of BRCA1 or BRCA2 mutationsAlfonso Bellacosa
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Cancer Prev Res (Phila) 3:48-61. 2010....
- Assessment of two immunodepletion methods: off-target effects and variations in immunodepletion efficiency may confound plasma proteomicsBhavinkumar B Patel
Developmental Therapeutics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Department of Biochemistry, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, United States
J Proteome Res 11:5947-58. 2012..However, the more profound immunodepletion achieved with the IgY14+SuperMix may lead to false-positive fold-changes between comparison groups if the reproducibility and efficiency of the depletion of a given protein are not considered...
- Isobaric labeling and data normalization without requiring protein quantitationPhillip D Kim
Developmental Therapeutics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111 2497, USA
J Biomol Tech 23:11-23. 2012..To complement this ability to analyze minute samples, we report an optimized iTRAQ labeling protocol for using 5 μg protein as the starting material...
- Analyzing alkaline proteins in human colon crypt proteomeXin ming Li
Basic Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Proteome Res 3:821-33. 2004..Application of this protocol to the analysis of normal and neoplastic colon crypts will contribute to the proteomic study of colorectal tumorigenesis since a significant portion of the human proteins is in basic pH range...
- Enzymatic mutation detection technologiesAnthony T Yeung
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Biotechniques 38:749-58. 2005..Further developments of this and other methods will allow mutation detection to become an integral component of individualized medicine...
- Altered gene expression in phenotypically normal renal cells from carriers of tumor suppressor gene mutationsRadka Stoyanova
Division of Population Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 3:1313-21. 2004..The inherently complex signaling networks of tumors result from genetic and epigenetic alterations that occur during cancer initiation and progression...
- Evaluation of dual-labeled fluorescent DNA probe purity versus performance in real-time PCRAnthony T Yeung
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Biotechniques 36:266-70, 272, 274-5. 2004..We found that probes that were at least 20% pure had the same efficiency as those near 100% purity, but the sensitivity of the assay was reduced as the level of purity decreased...
- Molecular mechanisms of action of imatinib mesylate in human ovarian cancer: a proteomic analysisBhavinkumar B Patel
Division of Basic Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111 2497, USA
Cancer Genomics Proteomics 5:137-49. 2008..However, there is limited pre-clinical and clinical data on the molecular targets and action of imatinib in ovarian cancer...
- Proteomic analyses of pancreatic cyst fluidsEileen Ke
From the Divisions of Basic Science, daggerMedical Science, and double daggerPopulation Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA
Pancreas 38:e33-42. 2009..Proteomic analyses were performed to explore pancreatic cyst fluids to yield effective diagnostic biomarkers...
- Recombinant nucleases CEL I from celery and SP I from spinach for mutation detectionMaxim Pimkin
Basic Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
BMC Biotechnol 7:29. 2007..Previously, CEL I-like activities were described only in a variety of plants and could not be expressed in an active form in bacteria...
- Characterization of a periplasmic S1-like nuclease coded by the Mesorhizobium loti symbiosis islandMaxim Pimkin
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 343:77-84. 2006..The ability of M1 to degrade RNA at neutral pH implies previously unappreciated roles of these nucleases in biological systems...
- Enhanced cisplatin cytotoxicity by disturbing the nucleotide excision repair pathway in ovarian cancer cell linesMuthu Selvakumaran
Ovarian Cancer Program, Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 63:1311-6. 2003..These data suggest that it is possible to substantially enhance the cisplatin cytotoxicity by disturbing the NER pathway in cisplatin-resistant cell lines and to enhance the survival capacity of mice in an ovarian cancer xenograft model...
- Use of fluorescent DNA-intercalating dyes in the analysis of DNA via ion-pair reversed-phase denaturing high-performance liquid chromatographyAhmad R Bahrami
Department of Molecular Biology, The Transgenomic Research Laboratory, Krebs Institute, Firth Court, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN, UK
Anal Biochem 309:248-52. 2002..Moreover the incorporation of SYBR Green 1 into samples and elution buffers does not impair resolution and has no significant effect on the retention times of DNA fragments compared with dye-free DHPLC...
- Proteomic Biomarkers in Pancreatic Cyst FluidsAnthony Yeung; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..
- Proteomic Validation of the Min Mouse Model of Colon CancerAnthony Yeung; Fiscal Year: 2006..The Min mouse model genetically mimics humans for colon cancer. The proposed work will demonstrate whether it is a perfect model for the human disease. ..
- Proteomic Validation of the Min Mouse Model of Colon CancerAnthony Yeung; Fiscal Year: 2007..The Min mouse model genetically mimics humans for colon cancer. The proposed work will demonstrate whether it is a perfect model for the human disease. ..