Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- CD4+ T cell help is dispensable for protective CD8+ T cell memory against mousepox virus following vaccinia virus immunizationMin Fang
the Research Institute at Fox Chase Cancer Center, Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Virol 89:776-83. 2015..Our results may partly explain why the VACV vaccine is so effective...
- The orthopoxvirus type I IFN binding protein is essential for virulence and an effective target for vaccinationRen Huan Xu
Program of Viral Pathogenesis, Division of Basic Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center FCCC, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Exp Med 205:981-92. 2008....
- Direct presentation is sufficient for an efficient anti-viral CD8+ T cell responseRen Huan Xu
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 6:e1000768. 2010..These findings provide important insights to our understanding of how one of the most effective anti-viral vaccines induces immunity and should contribute to the development of novel vaccines...
- Age-dependent susceptibility to a viral disease due to decreased natural killer cell numbers and traffickingMin Fang
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Exp Med 207:2369-81. 2010....
- Antibody inhibition of a viral type 1 interferon decoy receptor cures a viral disease by restoring interferon signaling in the liverRen Huan Xu
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS Pathog 8:e1002475. 2012..Thus, our findings provide insights on how T1-IFNs function and are evaded during a viral infection in vivo, and unveil a novel mechanism for antibody-mediated antiviral therapy...
- Gamma interferon and perforin control the strength, but not the hierarchy, of immunodominance of an antiviral CD8+ T cell responseSanda Remakus
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Program in Immune Cell Development and Host Defense, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Virol 85:12578-84. 2011..Thus, our work shows that CD8(+) T cell immunodominance during VACV infection is not affected by the effects of IFN-γ on the antigen presentation machinery...
- Studying NK cell responses to ectromelia virus infections in miceMin Fang
Institute for Cancer Research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Methods Mol Biol 612:411-28. 2010....
- Identification of Genes Involved in Cross-PresentationLuis Sigal; Fiscal Year: 2005..In Aim 2, we will use small interfering RNA and retroviral vectors to silence or express those genes and test in a functional assay whether they are involved in cross presentation. ..
- Mousepox in Aged MiceLuis Sigal; Fiscal Year: 2008..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- MHC Class I Antigen Presentation in Viral InfectionsLuis J Sigal; Fiscal Year: 2011..These experiments should provide important information to understand the pathogenesis of viral infections and the induction of anti-viral CD8+ T cell responses. ..