Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- The Akt of translational controlDavide Ruggero
Human Genetics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, PA 19111, USA
Oncogene 24:7426-34. 2005..In this review, we highlight and discuss the emerging molecular and genetic evidence that support a model by which deregulation of specific or global protein synthesis contributes to cancer...
- Impaired control of IRES-mediated translation in X-linked dyskeratosis congenitaAndrew Yoon
Human Genetics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Science 312:902-6. 2006..Moreover, Dkc1(m) ribosomes were unable to direct translation from IRES elements present in viral messenger RNAs. These findings reveal a potential mechanism by which defective ribosome activity leads to disease and cancer...
- Does the ribosome translate cancer?Davide Ruggero
Molecular Biology Program, Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Sloan Kettering Institute, 1275 York Avenue, New York, New York 10021, USA
Nat Rev Cancer 3:179-92. 2003..Although many studies have correlated deregulation of protein biosynthesis with cancer, it remains to be established whether this translates directly into an increase in cancer susceptibility, and under what circumstances...
- Dyskeratosis congenita and cancer in mice deficient in ribosomal RNA modificationDavide Ruggero
Molecular Biology Program, Department of Pathology, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Sloan Kettering Institute, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Science 299:259-62. 2003..These results suggest that deregulated ribosome function is important in the initiation of DC, whereas telomere shortening may modify and/or exacerbate DC...
- Role of rRNA Modifications in Dyskeratosis Congenita and Translation ControlDavide Ruggero; Fiscal Year: 2007....