Elliot J Coups
Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Multiple skin cancer risk behaviors in the U.S. populationElliot J Coups
Division of Population Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19012, USA
Am J Prev Med 34:87-93. 2008..S. adults...
- A randomized trial of generic versus tailored interventions to increase colorectal cancer screening among intermediate risk siblingsSharon L Manne
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ann Behav Med 37:207-17. 2009..Tailored interventions may increase participation in appropriate colorectal cancer screening...
- Substantial family history of prostate cancer in black men recruited for prostate cancer screening: results from the Prostate Cancer Risk Assessment ProgramKathleen Mastalski
Division of Population Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer 113:2559-64. 2008..Previous reports have raised concern for suboptimal screening of black men with an FH of PCA. The extent of FH of PCA are reported from a prospective, longitudinal PCA screening program for high-risk men...
- Physical activity among lung cancer survivors: changes across the cancer trajectory and associations with quality of lifeElliot J Coups
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Cheltenham, PA 19012, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 18:664-72. 2009..The current study addressed this research gap and also examined the association between lung cancer survivors' physical activity and their QOL...
- Receipt of provider advice for smoking cessation and use of smoking cessation treatments among cancer survivorsElliot J Coups
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 510 Township Line Road, Philadelphia, PA 19012, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:S480-6. 2009..As the number of cancer survivors increases, the assessment and intervention for smoking among survivors are increasingly important...
- Correlates of colorectal cancer screening adherence among men who have been screened for prostate cancerYu Ning Wong
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Cancer Educ 26:301-7. 2011..The prostate cancer screening encounter may represent a "teachable moment" to increase CRC screening rates...
- Identifying cluster subtypes for intentions to have colorectal cancer screening among non-compliant intermediate-risk siblings of individuals with colorectal cancerSharon L Manne
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Health Educ Res 24:897-908. 2009..Results provide an empirical typology for understanding motivations for CRCS among at-risk family members and may lead to the development of more effective interventions to improve screening uptake...
- Prevalence and correlates of indoor tanning among US adultsCarolyn J Heckman
Division of Population Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 58:769-80. 2008..Little is known about the prevalence of indoor tanning among the US general adult population...
- Behavioral correlates of HPV vaccine acceptability in the 2007 Health Information National Trends Survey (HINTS)Carolyn Y Fang
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:319-26. 2010..005). These results suggest that behavioral health factors may be associated with vaccine acceptability and further our understanding of how behavioral patterns may contribute to the uptake of new cancer prevention strategies...
- Correlates of sunscreen use among high school students: a cross-sectional surveyCarolyn J Heckman
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
BMC Public Health 11:679. 2011..The purpose of the current study was to determine which of the Integrative Model constructs are most closely associated with sunscreen use among high school students...
- Awareness of the role of physical activity in colon cancer preventionElliot J Coups
Division of Population Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Cheltenham, PA 19012, USA
Patient Educ Couns 72:246-51. 2008..This study examined the prevalence and correlates of U.S. adults' awareness of the role that physical activity plays in preventing colon cancer...
- Correlates of physical activity among lung cancer survivorsElliot J Coups
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19012, USA
Psychooncology 18:395-404. 2009..However, little is known regarding correlates of physical activity in this survivor population. The current study addressed this research gap...
- Multiple behavioral risk factors for colorectal cancer and colorectal cancer screening statusElliot J Coups
Division of Population Science, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 1st Floor, 510 Township Line Road, Cheltenham, PA 19012, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:510-6. 2007..In the current study, we examined the prevalence, patterns, and predictors of multiple behavioral risk factors for colorectal cancer according to colorectal cancer screening status (adherent versus not adherent)...
- Prostate cancer early detection program recruitment methods and show rates in men at high riskVeda N Giri
Cancer Screening Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Urol 182:2212-7. 2009..We report a comprehensive analysis of recruitment methods, show rates and participant factors from the Prostate Cancer Risk Assessment Program, a prospective, longitudinal prostate cancer screening study...
- Knowledge of colon cancer screening in a national probability sample in the United StatesJennifer S Ford
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, New York, USA
J Health Commun 11:19-35. 2006..This study documents low rates of colon cancer screening knowledge in the general population, and identifies subgroups where health communication interventions are most warranted...
- A population-based estimate of the prevalence of behavioral risk factors among adult cancer survivors and noncancer controlsElliot J Coups
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10021, USA
Prev Med 40:702-11. 2005..Behavioral risk factors have significant biomedical and psychosocial effects for cancer survivors. Representative data on the prevalence of a wide range of behavioral risk factors among cancer survivors are lacking...
- Physician screening for multiple behavioral health risk factorsElliot J Coups
Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, New York, New York, USA
Am J Prev Med 27:34-41. 2004..This article examines the number and types of behavioral risk factors that U.S. adults reported, and reported having been screened for in their last routine medical checkup...
- Prevalence of multiple chronic disease risk factors. 2001 National Health Interview SurveyLawrence J Fine
Office of Behavioral and Social Sciences Research, Office of the Director, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Am J Prev Med 27:18-24. 2004..Four common factors--cigarette smoking, risky drinking of alcoholic beverages, physical inactivity, and overweight--contribute substantially to chronic disease prevalence...
- Emotions and preventive health behavior: worry, regret, and influenza vaccinationGretchen B Chapman
Department of Psychology, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854 8020, USA
Health Psychol 25:82-90. 2006..Third, anticipated and experienced emotions had implications for subsequent vaccination decisions. Those who did not vaccinate in the 1st year but had high levels of worry and regret were likely to be vaccinated the following year...