Genomes and Genes
Denise C Connolly
Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Development of a syngeneic mouse model of epithelial ovarian cancerBridget A Quinn
Women s Cancer Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
J Ovarian Res 3:24. 2010..The objective of this study was to establish an immunocompetent syngeneic mouse model of disseminated epithelial ovarian cancer (EOC) to facilitate laboratory-based studies of ovarian tumor biology and preclinical therapeutic strategies...
- Magnetic resonance imaging for detection and determination of tumor volume in a genetically engineered mouse model of ovarian cancerHARVEY HENSLEY
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 6:1717-25. 2007..Our results demonstrate that MRI is well tolerated and can be repeated in serial imaging studies, permitting quantitative analysis of tumor growth and progression and response to therapeutic interventions...
- RAD001 (Everolimus) delays tumor onset and progression in a transgenic mouse model of ovarian cancerSeiji Mabuchi
Human Genetics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 67:2408-13. 2007....
- Distinct expression levels and patterns of stem cell marker, aldehyde dehydrogenase isoform 1 (ALDH1), in human epithelial cancersShan Deng
Center for Research on Early Detection and Cure of Ovarian Cancer, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e10277. 2010..As a novel cancer stem cell marker, ALDH1 can be used for tumors whose corresponding normal tissues express ALDH1 in relatively restricted or limited levels such as breast, lung, ovarian or colon cancer...
- Combined in vivo molecular and anatomic imaging for detection of ovarian carcinoma-associated protease activity and integrin expression in miceHarvey H Hensley
Biological Imaging Facility, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Neoplasia 14:451-62. 2012....
- Expression of activated PIK3CA in ovarian surface epithelium results in hyperplasia but not tumor formationShun Liang
Center for Research on the Early Detection and Cure of Ovarian Cancer, University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e4295. 2009..Our in vivo data suggests that PIK3CA activation is one of the early genetic events in ovarian cancer. However, its role in malignant transformation of ovarian surface epithelium (OSE) is largely unclear...
- Targeted Blockade of JAK/STAT3 Signaling Inhibits Ovarian Carcinoma GrowthGalina Gritsina
Molecular Therapeutics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Mol Cancer Ther 14:1035-47. 2015..Taken together, our results show pharmacologic inhibition of the JAK2/STAT3 pathway leads to disruption of functions essential for ovarian tumor growth and progression and represents a promising therapeutic strategy...
- Focus on epithelial ovarian cancerRobert F Ozols
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Cancer Cell 5:19-24. 2004
- Activation of cancer-specific gene expression by the survivin promoterRudi Bao
Ovarian Cancer Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:522-8. 2002..To investigate whether the survivin promoter controls cancer cell-specific gene expression, we determined whether the survivin gene promoter could regulate reporter gene expression in cancer cell lines and xenografts...
- Network analysis identifies an HSP90-central hub susceptible in ovarian cancerHanqing Liu
Authors Affiliations Developmental Therapeutics Program, Biostatistics Facility, Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and Synta Pharmaceuticals Corp, Lexington, Massachusetts
Clin Cancer Res 19:5053-67. 2013..Although there have been numerous efforts to apply protein-targeted agents in EOC, these studies have so far documented little efficacy. Our goal was to identify broadly susceptible signaling proteins or pathways in EOC...
- Xenograft and transgenic mouse models of epithelial ovarian cancer and non-invasive imaging modalities to monitor ovarian tumor growth in situ: applications in evaluating novel therapeutic agentsDenise C Connolly
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Curr Protoc Pharmacol . 2009....
- Genetic and pharmacologic inhibition of complement impairs endothelial cell function and ablates ovarian cancer neovascularizationSelene Nunez-Cruz
Penn Ovarian Cancer Research Center, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Neoplasia 14:994-1004. 2012..Finally, the mouse VEGF(164) transcript was underexpressed in C3(KO) livers compare to C3(WT) livers. Thus, we conclude that complement inhibition blocks tumor outgrowth by altering EC function and VEGF(165) expression...
- Induction of ovarian leiomyosarcomas in mice by conditional inactivation of Brca1 and p53Bridget A Quinn
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
PLoS ONE 4:e8404. 2009..In addition to mutation of BRCA1, mutation of the p53 gene is often found in patients with inherited breast and ovarian cancer syndrome...
- NEDD9 promotes oncogenic signaling in mammary tumor developmentEugene Izumchenko
Program in Molecular and Translational Medicine, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Cancer Res 69:7198-206. 2009..This study provides the first in vivo evidence of a role for NEDD9 in breast cancer progression and suggests that NEDD9 expression may provide a biomarker for tumor aggressiveness...
- Female mice chimeric for expression of the simian virus 40 TAg under control of the MISIIR promoter develop epithelial ovarian cancerDenise C Connolly
Ovarian Cancer Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 63:1389-97. 2003....