Genomes and Genes
JONATHAN D CHERNOFF
Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- The evolutionary history of effectors downstream of Cdc42 and RacSophie Cotteret
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 7701 Burholme Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Genome Biol 3:REVIEWS0002. 2002..Although dozens of proteins act downstream of these GTPases, a comparison of effector proteins from evolutionarily diverse organisms suggests that six groups of proteins serve as the core machinery for signaling from Cdc42 and Rac...
- p21-Activated kinases are required for transformation in a cell-based model of neurofibromatosis type 2Hoi Yee Chow
Cancer Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e13791. 2010..Here, we examine the effect of Pak inhibition on cells with diminished Merlin function...
- Direct binding of the proline-rich region of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B to the Src homology 3 domain of p130(Cas)F Liu
Chemistry Department, Temple University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19122, USA
J Biol Chem 271:31290-5. 1996..These results suggest that the proline-rich domain between amino acids 301 and 315 in PTP1B binds Src homology 3-containing proteins and that p130(Cas) may be a physiological target of this phosphatase in cells...
- Protein tyrosine phosphatases as negative regulators of mitogenic signalingJ Chernoff
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Cell Physiol 180:173-81. 1999..In this review, I will survey recent advances in the identification and regulation of protein tyrosine phosphatases that downregulate cell proliferation...
- Nucleocytoplasmic shuttling of Pak5 regulates its antiapoptotic propertiesSophie Cotteret
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:3215-30. 2006..These results show that Pak5 shuttles from mitochondria to the nucleus and that the mitochondrial localization of Pak5 is vital to its effects on cell survival...
- REGULATION OF P21-ACTIVATED KINASESJonathan Chernoff; Fiscal Year: 2004..Understanding the molecular basis for this regulation is not only of intrinsic scientific interest but is also likely to be relevant to important human diseases such as metastatic cancer. ..
- A Growth-Regulating Protein Tyrosine PhosphataseJonathan Chernoff; Fiscal Year: 2007..Importantly, it also may point the way to the development of new therapeutic agents for diseases such as diabetes and cancer. ..
- Signaling by p21-activated protein kinasesJONATHAN D CHERNOFF; Fiscal Year: 2010....