Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Novel targets in HPV-negative head and neck cancer: overcoming resistance to EGFR inhibitionBarbara Burtness
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Lancet Oncol 14:e302-9. 2013....
- Phase III randomized trial of cisplatin plus placebo compared with cisplatin plus cetuximab in metastatic/recurrent head and neck cancer: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group studyBarbara Burtness
Department of Internal Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:8646-54. 2005..These cancers are rich in epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR). We wished to determine whether the addition of cetuximab, which inhibits activation of EGFR, would improve PFS...
- Her signaling in pancreatic cancerBarbara Burtness
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Department of Medical Oncology, Division of Medical Science, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 7:823-9. 2007..Improved patient selection and rational combination of targeted therapies will be necessary to optimize the management of patients with this tragic disease...
- Clinical use of monoclonal antibodies to the epidermal growth factor receptor in colorectal cancerBarbara Burtness
Fox Chase Cancer Center Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 21:964-70; discussion 970, 974, 976-7. 2007....
- Phase II trial of weekly docetaxel/irinotecan combination in advanced pancreatic cancerBarbara Burtness
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Cancer J 13:257-62. 2007..We have previously demonstrated the safety of docetaxel 35 mg/m(2) and irinotecan 50 mg/m(2) given on days 1, 8, 15, and 21 of a 35-day schedule...
- A randomized phase II study of ixabepilone (BMS-247550) given daily x 5 days every 3 weeks or weekly in patients with metastatic or recurrent squamous cell cancer of the head and neck: an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group studyB A Burtness
Department of Medical Oncology, Division of Medical Sciences, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Ann Oncol 19:977-83. 2008..A high incidence of motor and sensory grade 3 neuropathy resulted at this dose and schedule. Further development of ixabepilone in previously treated head and neck cancer is not warranted on the basis of these data...
- Phase II trial of docetaxel-irinotecan combination in advanced esophageal cancerB Burtness
Division of Medical Sciences, Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Ann Oncol 20:1242-8. 2009..We previously demonstrated the safety of docetaxel 35 mg/m2 and irinotecan 50 mg/m2 given on days 1 and 8 of a 21-day schedule...
- The role of cetuximab in the treatment of squamous cell cancer of the head and neckBarbara Burtness
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 5:1085-93. 2005..Thus, cetuximab is biologically active across a range of clinical scenarios in squamous cell carcinoma of the head and neck. Ongoing studies will be important in establishing its role in the routine management of head and neck cancer...
- Defining venous involvement in borderline resectable pancreatic cancerYun Shin Chun
Department of Surgical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:2832-8. 2010..There is no consensus about what degree of venous impingement constitutes borderline resectability...
- NCCN Task Force Report: Management of dermatologic and other toxicities associated with EGFR inhibition in patients with cancerBarbara Burtness
Fox Chase Cancer Center, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 7:S5-21; quiz S22-4. 2009....
- Phase I dose escalation trial of weekly docetaxel plus irinotecan in patients with advanced cancerEric Bleickardt
Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut 06520, USA
Cancer Biol Ther 1:646-51. 2002..Phase II trials of this regimen are ongoing or planned in lung, head and neck, stomach, esophageal, and pancreatic cancers...
- Antibody therapy for early-stage breast cancer: trastuzumab adjuvant and neoadjuvant trialsRanee Mehra
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Division of Medical Sciences, Department of Medical Oncology, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 6:951-62. 2006..In a combined analysis of two such studies, overall survival was improved (hazard ratio for death 0.67, p = 0.015). The agent has associated cardiotoxicity. Trastuzumab is a highly active agent in Her2-overexpressing breast cancer...
- Molecular profile of head and neck squamous cell carcinomas bearing p16 high phenotypeT Rampias
Department of Surgery Otolaryngology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT, USA
Ann Oncol 24:2124-31. 2013..In addition, our aim was to explore how expression of biomarkers is modulated after E6/E7 repression in HPV16⁺ oropharyngeal cancer cells...
- Remarkably high frequency of EGFR expression in breast carcinomas with squamous differentiationV Bossuyt
Department of Pathology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06510, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 13:319-27. 2005..Breast carcinomas with squamous differentiation are a distinct subgroup of breast tumors with a very high frequency of EGFR positivity. Breast carcinomas of this type would be ideal candidates for a trial with EGFR inhibitors...
- Phosphorylation of Akt (Ser473) predicts poor clinical outcome in oropharyngeal squamous cell cancerZiwei Yu
Department of Surgery, Yale Cancer Center, P O Box 208032, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 16:553-8. 2007..We sought to determine the prognostic significance of Akt activation in a cohort of patients with OSCC as well as the association between phosphorylated (activated) Akt and PTEN levels...
- Images in clinical medicine. Cetuximab-associated acneiform eruptionJeremy E Moss
Yale University, New Haven, CT 06520 8032, USA
N Engl J Med 353:e17. 2005
- Nuclear localization of signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma is associated with a better prognosisEirini Pectasides
Department of Internal Medicine Medical Oncology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Clin Cancer Res 16:2427-34. 2010..To further elucidate the prognostic role of STAT3 in HNSCC, the expression pattern of STAT3 was correlated with outcome in two independent data sets...
- Doxorubicin cardiotoxicity: prevention of congestive heart failure with serial cardiac function monitoring with equilibrium radionuclide angiocardiography in the current eraIsao Mitani
Department of Medicine, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Conn, USA
J Nucl Cardiol 10:132-9. 2003..Serial left ventricular ejection fraction (LVEF) monitoring during doxorubicin therapy for preventing CHF was proposed over 20 years ago. The current utility and cost-effectiveness of this approach in the present era are not known...
- Oropharyngeal cancerAmanda Psyrri
Head and Neck Oncology Unit, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, CT 06520, USA
Clin Adv Hematol Oncol 6:604-12. 2008....
- Correlates and determinants of nuclear epidermal growth factor receptor content in an oropharyngeal cancer tissue microarrayAmanda Psyrri
Department of Medical Oncology, Yale University School of Medicine, New Haven, Connecticut, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 17:1486-92. 2008..Nuclear EGFR levels were inversely correlated with survival and response to radiotherapy. Here, we sought to identify the determinants and correlates of nuclear EGFR content...
- Epidermal growth factor receptor, p53 mutation, and pathological response predict survival in patients with locally advanced esophageal cancer treated with preoperative chemoradiotherapyMichael K Gibson
Division of Medical Oncology, The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, Maryland 21231, USA
Clin Cancer Res 9:6461-8. 2003..This study evaluates the role of clinical and cellular markers in predicting CR and OS in patients with esophageal cancer...
- Sequential high-dose alkylating therapy and stem cell support for high-risk stage III breast cancerJosette Bou-Khalil
Bridgeport Hospital, Bridgeport, Connecticut, USA
Breast J 9:472-7. 2003..5 months. Time to relapse in this small series is only modestly improved over historical experience with standard-dose adjuvant chemotherapy. Alternative strategies for treating locally advanced breast cancer should be pursued...
- Mature survival results with preoperative cisplatin, protracted infusion 5-fluorouracil, and 44-Gy radiotherapy for esophageal cancerLawrence Kleinberg
Sidney Kimmel Oncology Center at Johns Hopkins, Baltimore, MD 21231, USA
Int J Radiat Oncol Biol Phys 56:328-34. 2003..To assess the long-term survival results after cisplatin, protracted infusion 5-fluorouracil, and concurrent radiotherapy (RT) followed by surgical resection of esophageal cancer...
- Sequence of radiotherapy with tamoxifen in conservatively managed breast cancer does not affect local relapse ratesPeter H Ahn
Albert Einstein College of Medicine of Yeshiva University, Bronx, NY, USA
J Clin Oncol 23:17-23. 2005..To evaluate whether the sequencing of tamoxifen (TAM) relative to radiation (RT) affects outcome in breast cancer patients treated with conservative surgery (CS) plus RT (lumpectomy with RT)...
- Cetuximab: an epidermal growth factor receptor chemeric human-murine monoclonal antibodyJoanne Harding
Medical Information Department, Prous Science, Barcelona, Spain
Drugs Today (Barc) 41:107-27. 2005..Thus, cetuximab is emerging as a very promising new therapy to be used in conjunction with existing therapies for the treatment of a spectrum of solid tumors...
- Cetuximab and cisplatin for chemotherapy-refractory squamous cell cancer of the head and neckBarbara Burtness
J Clin Oncol 23:5440-2. 2005
- Oxaliplatin induces a delayed immune-mediated hemolytic anemia: a case report and review of the literatureVanita Noronha
Mid Valley Oncology Hematology, P C, 407 Gidney Avenue, Newburgh, NY 12550, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 5:283-6. 2005..We review the literature on oxaliplatin-induced immune-mediated hemolysis, including its mechanism, presenting symptoms, laboratory features, management, and implications for future therapy...