A R Bradbury
Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- When parents disclose BRCA1/2 test results: their communication and perceptions of offspring responseAngela R Bradbury
Department of Clinical Genetics, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111 2497, USA
Cancer 118:3417-25. 2012..Little is known about the prevalence and predictors of parent communication to offspring and how offspring respond to this communication...
- Should genetic testing for BRCA1/2 be permitted for minors? Opinions of BRCA mutation carriers and their adult offspringAngela R Bradbury
Fox Chase Cancer, Division of Population Science, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 148:70-7. 2008....
- Uptake and timing of bilateral prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy among BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriersAngela R Bradbury
University of Chicago Center for Clinical Cancer Genetics, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Genet Med 10:161-6. 2008..To evaluate prophylactic salpingo-oophorectomy uptake and timing among BRCA1/2 mutation carriers in a cancer risk assessment program...
- Learning of your parent's BRCA mutation during adolescence or early adulthood: a study of offspring experiencesAngela R Bradbury
The Margaret Dyson Family Risk Assessment Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, PA 19066, USA
Psychooncology 18:200-8. 2009..To examine the experience, comprehension and perceptions of learning of a parent's BRCA mutation during adolescence and early adulthood, and explore the impact on offspring's physical and psychosocial well-being...
- Genetic counselor opinions of, and experiences with telephone communication of BRCA1/2 test resultsA R Bradbury
Department of Clinical Genetics, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Clin Genet 79:125-31. 2011..Further research evaluating the impact of testing and patient factors on cognitive, affective, social and behavioral outcomes of alternative models of communicating genetic information is warranted...
- Parent opinions regarding the genetic testing of minors for BRCA1/2Angela R Bradbury
University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3498-505. 2010..Thus, we evaluated parent opinions regarding BRCA1/2 testing of minors, in general, and hypothetically, for parents' own minor child...
- How often do BRCA mutation carriers tell their young children of the family's risk for cancer? A study of parental disclosure of BRCA mutations to minors and young adultsAngela R Bradbury
Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:3705-11. 2007..Yet, many BRCA mutation carriers discuss their results with their children. This study describes the prevalence and experiences of parental communication of BRCA results to children under the age of 25 years old...
- Controversies in communication of genetic risk for hereditary breast cancerAmy Mackenzie
Department of Medicine, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Breast J 15:S25-32. 2009....
- Genetic susceptibility to breast cancerAngela R Bradbury
Section of Hematology Oncology, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL, USA
Rev Endocr Metab Disord 8:255-67. 2007....
- Cancer genetic risk assessment and referral patterns in primary careHetal S Vig
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Genet Test Mol Biomarkers 13:735-41. 2009..This study was undertaken to describe cancer risk assessment practices among primary care providers (PCPs)...