Andrea M Barsevick
Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- The concept of symptom clusterAndrea M Barsevick
Nursing Research, Fax Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Semin Oncol Nurs 23:89-98. 2007..To define the concept of a symptom cluster, evaluate the evidence base in support of it, and address research and clinical implications...
- The elusive concept of the symptom clusterAndrea M Barsevick
Division of Population Science and the director of nursing research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 34:971-80. 2007....
- I'm so tired: biological and genetic mechanisms of cancer-related fatigueAndrea Barsevick
Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Qual Life Res 19:1419-27. 2010....
- Efficacy of an intervention for fatigue and sleep disturbance during cancer chemotherapyAndrea Barsevick
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19012, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 40:200-16. 2010..Multiple complex symptoms from cancer treatment can interfere with functioning...
- ASCPRO recommendations for the assessment of fatigue as an outcome in clinical trialsAndrea M Barsevick
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 39:1086-99. 2010..A guidance document from the Food and Drug Administration offers criteria for the formulation and evaluation of patient-reported outcome measures used in clinical trials to support drug or device labeling claims...
- Management of cancer-related fatigueAndrea M Barsevick
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Clin J Oncol Nurs 12:21-5. 2008..Additional interventions can be pharmacologic or nonpharmacologic, although a combination of approaches may be employed. Several factors known to be associated with CRF may be particularly amenable to treatment...
- Cancer-related fatigue, depressive symptoms, and functional status: a mediation modelAndrea M Barsevick
Nursing Research, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 510 Township Line Road, Cheltenham, PA 19012, USA
Nurs Res 55:366-72. 2006..Research is needed to sort out and identify symptom clusters as a basis for a rational approach to symptom management...
- Preparing individuals to communicate genetic test results to their relatives: report of a randomized control trialSusan V Montgomery
Department of Clinical Genetics, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, 19111, USA
Fam Cancer 12:537-46. 2013..Communication of test results is selective, with male relatives and parents less likely to be informed. Prevalent psychosocial factors play a role in the communication of genetic test results within families...
- Symptom cluster research: conceptual, design, measurement, and analysis issuesAndrea M Barsevick
Fox Chase Cancer Center, 510 Township Line Road, Cheltenham, PA 19012, USA
J Pain Symptom Manage 31:85-95. 2006..It will also provide a scientific basis and new directions for clinical assessment and intervention...
- A randomized clinical trial of energy conservation for patients with cancer-related fatigueAndrea M Barsevick
Nursing Research Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111 2497, USA
Cancer 100:1302-10. 2004..The efficacy of energy conservation and activity management (ECAM) for fatigue reduction and maintenance of functional performance has never been evaluated in adults with cancer who are undergoing treatment...
- Symptom clusters: concept analysis and clinical implications for cancer nursingHee Ju Kim
University of Pennsylvania School of Nursing, Philadelphia, USA
Cancer Nurs 28:270-82; quiz 283-4. 2005....
- A pilot study examining energy conservation for cancer treatment-related fatigueAndrea M Barsevick
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Cancer Nurs 25:333-41. 2002..A full-scale clinical trial is needed to evaluate the efficacy of the ECAM intervention...
- The challenges of colorectal cancer survivorshipCrystal S Denlinger
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 7:883-93; quiz 894. 2009..This article discusses what is known about the long-term effects of CRC treatment on quality of life, the care of survivors, and existing models of survivorship care...
- A systematic qualitative analysis of psychoeducational interventions for depression in patients with cancerAndrea M Barsevick
Fox Chase Cancer Center in Philadelphia, PA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 29:73-84; quiz 85-7. 2002..To determine whether research-based recommendations can be made about the clinical management of depression in patients with cancer...
- Intention to communicate BRCA1/BRCA2 genetic test results to the familyAndrea M Barsevick
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
J Fam Psychol 22:303-12. 2008..These results extend the theory of planned behavior by showing that gender and generation influence intention when the relative's opinion is unknown...
- Cancer-related fatigue. Clinical Practice Guidelines in OncologyVictoria Mock
The Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center at John Hopkins, USA
J Natl Compr Canc Netw 5:1054-78. 2007
- Sleep wake disturbances in people with cancer and their caregivers: state of the scienceAnn M Berger
College of Nursing, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha, NE, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 32:E98-126. 2005..To review the state of the science on sleep/wake disturbances in people with cancer and their caregivers...
- Management of Cancer-Related Fatigue and Sleep QualityAndrea Barsevick; Fiscal Year: 2006..Multiple statistical techniques will be used to develop and explore models that could explain covariation among symptoms that are seen as clusters. ..
- Symptom Cluster Assessment and Intervention TrialAndrea M Barsevick; Fiscal Year: 2010....