Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Interferon-γ-induced necrosis: an antitumor biotherapeutic perspectiveSiddharth Balachandran
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Interferon Cytokine Res 33:171-80. 2013..Although this review will focus on exploiting IFN-γ-induced necrosis for treatment of renal cell carcinoma, these approaches are also directly applicable to several human cancers in which IFNs have shown therapeutic potential...
- NF-kappaB protects cells from gamma interferon-induced RIP1-dependent necroptosisRoshan J Thapa
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:2934-46. 2011..Together, these studies demonstrate that NF-κB protects cells from IFN-γ-mediated necroptosis by transcriptionally activating a survival response that quenches ROS to preserve mitochondrial integrity...
- Interferon-induced RIP1/RIP3-mediated necrosis requires PKR and is licensed by FADD and caspasesRoshan J Thapa
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:E3109-18. 2013..Collectively, these findings outline a mechanism of IFN-induced RIP kinase-dependent necrotic cell death and identify FADD and caspases as negative regulators of this process. ..
- NF-κB inhibition by bortezomib permits IFN-γ-activated RIP1 kinase-dependent necrosis in renal cell carcinomaRoshan J Thapa
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Mol Cancer Ther 12:1568-78. 2013..When taken together with the observation that NF-κB signaling is elevated in RCCs, these results provide rationale for the combined use of IFN-γ and bortezomib in the treatment of metastatic RCCs...
- Requirement of FADD, NEMO, and BAX/BAK for aberrant mitochondrial function in tumor necrosis factor alpha-induced necrosisKrishna M Irrinki
Department of Biochemistry, Temple University, Philadelphia, PA 19140, USA
Mol Cell Biol 31:3745-58. 2011..Finally, elimination of BAX and BAK or overexpression of Bcl-x(L) protects cells from necroptosis at a later step. These findings provide evidence that mitochondria play an amplifying role in inflammation-induced necroptosis...
- Anti-CD70 immunocytokines for exploitation of interferon-γ-induced RIP1-dependent necrosis in renal cell carcinomaPeirong Chen
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e61446. 2013..These results provide a foundation for the in vivo exploitation of IFN-γ-driven tumoricidal activity in RCC...
- Identification of STAT2 serine 287 as a novel regulatory phosphorylation site in type I interferon-induced cellular responsesHåkan C Steen
Department of Biochemistry, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Biol Chem 288:747-58. 2013..Altogether, we have uncovered that in response to type I IFN, STAT2 is serine phosphorylated in the coiled-coil domain that when phosphorylated can negatively regulate the biological activities of type I IFNs...
- STAT1-independent control of a neurotropic measles virus challenge in primary neurons and infected miceLauren A O'Donnell
Program in Immune Cell Development and Host Defense, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Immunol 188:1915-23. 2012..Moreover, the canonical IFN-γ-triggered STAT1 gene expression profile was not induced in STAT1-deficient neurons, suggesting that IFN-γ regulates neuronal STAT1-independent pathways to control viral replication...
- Interferon impedes an early step of hepatitis delta virus infectionZiying Han
Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e22415. 2011..Thus in vivo, the success of long-term interferon therapy for chronic HDV, may likewise involve blocking HDV spread by interfering with the initiation of productive infection of naïve hepatocytes...
- Inactivation of ribosomal protein L22 promotes transformation by induction of the stemness factor, Lin28BShuyun Rao
Blood Cell Development and Cancer Keystone, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Blood 120:3764-73. 2012..Our finding that Rpl22 inactivation promotes transformation by inducing expression of Lin28B provides the first insight into the mechanistic basis by which mutations in Rpl22, and perhaps some other RP genes, increases cancer risk...
- Meta-analysis identifies NF-κB as a therapeutic target in renal cancerSuraj Peri
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America
PLoS ONE 8:e76746. 2013..To determine the expression patterns of NF-κB regulators and target genes in clear cell renal cell carcinoma (ccRCC), their correlation with von Hippel Lindau (VHL) mutational status, and their association with survival outcomes...
- Crosstalk between the type 1 interferon and nuclear factor kappa B pathways confers resistance to a lethal virus infectionDaniel Rubio
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Research Institute of Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Cell Host Microbe 13:701-10. 2013..These findings may also explain why some pathogens target both pathways to cause disease...
- Distinct roles for the NF-kappa B RelA subunit during antiviral innate immune responsesSuresh H Basagoudanavar
Immune Cell Development and Host Defense Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Room 224, Reimann Building, 333 Cottman Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
J Virol 85:2599-610. 2011....