Affiliation: Forest Research Institute
- Early non-response in patients with severe depression: escitalopram up-titration versus switch to duloxetineAnjana Bose
Forest Research Institute, Jersey City, NJ 07311, USA
Clin Drug Investig 32:373-85. 2012..It is often unclear whether relevant tolerability and efficacy differences exist between SSRI up-titration versus switch to an SNRI...
- Escitalopram in the acute treatment of depressed patients aged 60 years or olderAnjana Bose
Forest Research Institute, Harborside Financial Center, Jersey City, NJ 07311, USA
Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 16:14-20. 2008..The present study examined the efficacy and tolerability of acute escitalopram treatment in depressed patients aged 60 years or older...
- Randomized placebo-controlled trial of escitalopram and venlafaxine XR in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorderAnjana Bose
Forest Laboratories, Harborside Financial Center, Jersey City, New Jersey, USA
Depress Anxiety 25:854-61. 2008..However, overall efficacy analyses suggest that escitalopram and venlafaxine XR are both effective treatments for GAD. Escitalopram was better tolerated...
- Escitalopram maintenance treatment for prevention of recurrent depression: a randomized, placebo-controlled trialSusan G Kornstein
Department of Psychiatry, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 67:1767-75. 2006..The current trial examined the efficacy of maintenance escitalopram treatment in preventing depression recurrence in patients who responded to acute SSRI therapy...
- Safety and efficacy of escitalopram in the long-term treatment of generalized anxiety disorderJonathan R T Davidson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3812, Durham, N C 27710, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 66:1441-6. 2005..Generalized anxiety disorder (GAD) is a chronic disorder that requires long-term treatment. Escitalopram has previously been shown to be effective and well tolerated in the acute treatment of GAD...
- A double-blind comparison of escitalopram and paroxetine in the long-term treatment of generalized anxiety disorderRobert J Bielski
Summit Research Network, 4084 Okemos Road Suite C, Okemos, MI 48864, USA
Ann Clin Psychiatry 17:65-9. 2005..This study compared the efficacy and tolerability of escitalopram, a newer SSRI, with paroxetine in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)...
- Treatment of generalized anxiety disorder with escitalopram: pooled results from double-blind, placebo-controlled trialsWayne K Goodman
Department of Psychiatry, University of Florida, PO Box 100256, Gainesville, FL 32610, USA
J Affect Disord 87:161-7. 2005..Escitalopram 10 mg/day is an effective and well-tolerated antidepressant. Three randomized controlled trials recently evaluated the safety and efficacy of escitalopram in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder (GAD)...
- Escitalopram in the treatment of generalized anxiety disorder: double-blind, placebo controlled, flexible-dose studyJonathan R T Davidson
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Depress Anxiety 19:234-40. 2004..9% vs. 5.1%; P=.27). Escitalopram 10-20 mg/day is effective, safe, and well tolerated in the treatment of patients with GAD...
- Escitalopram continuation treatment prevents relapse of depressive episodesMark Hyman Rapaport
Department of Psychiatry, Cedars Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA 90048, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 65:44-9. 2004..Current guidelines for antidepressant use recommend 4 to 6 months of continuation treatment to prevent relapse of depression following symptom resolution. This study evaluates the efficacy and safety of continuation escitalopram treatment...
- Fixed-dose trial of the single isomer SSRI escitalopram in depressed outpatientsWilliam J Burke
Department of Psychiatry, University of Nebraska Medical Center, Omaha 68198 5580, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 63:331-6. 2002..The present randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, fixed-dose multicenter trial was designed to evaluate the efficacy and tolerability of escitalopram in the treatment of major depressive disorder...
- Escitalopram in clinical practice: results of an open-label trial in a naturalistic settingA John Rush
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, Department of Psychiatry, Dallas, Texas 75390 9086, USA
Depress Anxiety 21:26-32. 2005..Overall, 9% of patients discontinued due to adverse events. Escitalopram treatment was well tolerated and associated with robust response rates in a broadly representative population of depressed outpatients...
- Double-blind comparison of escitalopram and duloxetine in the acute treatment of major depressive disorderArif Khan
Northwest Clinical Research Center, Bellevue, WA 98004, USA
Clin Drug Investig 27:481-92. 2007..This study evaluated the efficacy and safety of escitalopram versus duloxetine in the acute treatment of patients with moderate to severe major depressive disorder...
- Naturalistic study of the early psychiatric use of citalopram in the United StatesA John Rush
The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9086, USA
Depress Anxiety 16:121-7. 2002..8%, whereas those without such a history had a discontinuation rate of 13.3%. Citalopram administered at an average dose of 23.6 mg/day was associated with favorable outcomes and was generally well tolerated...