Irene A Gutheil
Affiliation: Fordham University
- "They don't want to hear us": Hispanic elders and adult children speak about end-of-life planningIrene A Gutheil
Ravazzin Center for Social Work Research in Aging, Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
J Soc Work End Life Palliat Care 2:55-70. 2006..The most striking indication of the challenges in communication about end-of-life issues is the insistence by both the elders and the adult children that their children/ parents do not want to have these discussions...
- Communication between older people and their health care agents: results of an interventionIrene A Gutheil
Ravazzin Center for Social Work Research in Aging, Graduate School of Social Service, Fordham University, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Health Soc Work 30:107-16. 2005..The findings demonstrate that it is possible to affect advance communication about wishes at the end of life through a group intervention...
- A social work perspective: attitudes toward end-of-life planningIrene A Gutheil
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service, West Harrison, New York 10604, USA
Soc Work Health Care 50:763-74. 2011..Respondents in the health and aging fields are older than those in other than health and aging, underscoring concerns about workforce issues in the field of aging...
- Older Latinos' attitudes toward and comfort with end-of-life planningJanna C Heyman
Ravazzin Center on Aging, Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service, West Harrison, NY 10604, USA
Health Soc Work 35:17-26. 2010....
- Motivational strategies with alcohol-involved older adults: implications for social work practiceMeredith Hanson
Graduate School of Social Service, Fordham University, New York, NY 10023, USA
Soc Work 49:364-72. 2004..The article outlines practice strategies that draw on motivational interviewing principles and a client's motivational readiness to change for reaching out to older adults, assessing their needs, and encouraging them to seek assistance...
- Social work involvement in end of life planningJanna C Heyman
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Services, USA
J Gerontol Soc Work 47:47-61. 2006..Social workers need to attend to the systems in which they operate as well as to client concerns...
- Rethinking needs assessment in planning services for older adultsRoslyn H Chernesky
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service, 113 West 60th St, New York, NY 10025, USA
J Gerontol Soc Work 51:109-25. 2008..A revision of key assumptions about needs assessment is offered for researchers, planners, and community workers...