Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Antibody-mediated synergy and interference in the neutralization of SARS-CoV at an epitope cluster on the spike proteinLilin Zhong
Division of Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 29 Lincoln Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 390:1056-60. 2009....
- Structural evidence for a bifurcated mode of action in the antibody-mediated neutralization of hepatitis C virusLu Deng
Division of Hematology, Office of Blood Research and Review, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:7418-22. 2013..Our structural insights into the key determinants for the antibody-mediated neutralization may contribute to the immune prophylaxis of HCV infection and the development of an effective HCV vaccine...
- Amino acid residue-specific neutralization and nonneutralization of hepatitis C virus by monoclonal antibodies to the E2 proteinHongying Duan
Division of Viral Products, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Virol 86:12686-94. 2012..Further understanding of the molecular mechanisms of antibody-mediated neutralization and nonneutralization should provide insights for designing a vaccine to control HCV infection in vivo...
- Hepatitis C virus with a naturally occurring single amino-acid substitution in the E2 envelope protein escapes neutralization by naturally-induced and vaccine-induced antibodiesHongying Duan
Division of Viral Products, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, FDA, 29 Lincoln Drive, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Vaccine 28:4138-44. 2010..Thus, mutation Q412H found in naturally occurring variants could represent an antibody escape mutation. These data may have important implications for vaccine design...
- A neutralization epitope in the hepatitis C virus E2 glycoprotein interacts with host entry factor CD81Zhong Zhao
Division of Hematology, Office of Blood Research and Review, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e84346. 2014..The characterization of this neutralization epitope with a function in host entry factor CD81 interaction should enhance our understanding of antibody-mediated neutralization of HCV infections. ..
- Depletion of interfering antibodies in chronic hepatitis C patients and vaccinated chimpanzees reveals broad cross-genotype neutralizing activityPei Zhang
Division of Hematology and Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, United States Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:7537-41. 2009..Our studies contribute to understanding the mechanisms of antibody-mediated neutralization and interference and provide a practical approach to the development of more potent and broadly reactive hepatitis C immune globulins...
- Human antibodies can cross guinea pig placenta and bind its neonatal Fc Receptor: implications for studying immune prophylaxis and therapy during pregnancyEvi Budo Struble
Laboratory of Plasma Derivatives, Division of Hematology, OBRR, FDA, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Clin Dev Immunol 2012:538701. 2012..These preliminary data lay the groundwork for introducing pregnant guinea pigs as an appropriate model for the evaluation of antibody therapies and advancing the health of women and neonates...