Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Identification of hospital-acquired catheter-associated urinary tract infections from Medicare claims: sensitivity and positive predictive valueChunliu Zhan
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland 20850 6649, USA
Med Care 47:364-9. 2009..This study was to determine the positive predictive value (PPV) and sensitivity in identifying patients in Medicare claims who had urinary catheterization and who had hospital-acquired CAUTIs...
- The validity of ICD-9-CM codes in identifying postoperative deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolismChunliu Zhan
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 33:326-31. 2007..International Classification of Diseases, Ninth Revision, Clinical Modification (ICD-9-CM) codes recorded in hospital claims have been used to identify and study DVT/PE, but the validity of this method is not well studied...
- Modifying DRG-PPS to include only diagnoses present on admission: financial implications and challengesChunliu Zhan
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Med Care 45:288-91. 2007..This study used data from 2 states currently coding POA to assess the financial impact if Medicare pays based on POA conditions only and to examine the challenges in implementing POA coding...
- Cardiac device implantation in the United States from 1997 through 2004: a population-based analysisChunliu Zhan
Center for Outcomes and Evidence, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:13-9. 2008..This study used hospital administrative data to assess cardiac device implantations in the United States, selected perioperative outcomes, and associated patient and hospital characteristics...
- How useful are voluntary medication error reports? The case of warfarin-related medication errorsChunliu Zhan
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality AHRQ, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 34:36-45. 2008..A study was conducted to explore the value and limitations of voluntary medical error reports and to learn about common errors in warfarin use...