Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Gender differences in gemcitabine (Gemzar) efficacy in cancer cells: effect of indole-3-carbinolBeverly D Lyn-Cook
FDA National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Anticancer Res 30:4907-13. 2010..This study demonstrated the potential of I3C, a possible non-toxic hypomethylating agent, combined with the anticancer agent, gemcitabine, to be a powerful strategy for treating pancreatic cancer...
- Age and gender affect DNMT3a and DNMT3b expression in human liverYongmei Xiao
Division of Personalized Nutrition and Medicine, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Cell Biol Toxicol 24:265-72. 2008..The findings from this study suggest that ageing and gender may be important factors influencing DNA methylation status...
- Modulation of the constitutive activated STAT3 transcription factor in pancreatic cancer prevention: effects of indole-3-carbinol (I3C) and genisteinJian P Lian
National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Anticancer Res 24:133-7. 2004..CONCLUSION: Given its critical role in tumorigenesis, our results suggest that STAT3 activation provides an important and appropriate target for chemoprevention in pancreatic cancer treatment...
- Ethnic differences in DNA methyltransferases expression in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusKenneth L Wiley
FDA National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
J Clin Immunol 33:342-8. 2013..Furthermore, differential expression in one of the DNMTs was found in a subset of lupus patients on dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) therapy...
- Enhanced efficacy of gemcitabine by indole-3-carbinol in pancreatic cell lines: the role of human equilibrative nucleoside transporter 1Honggang Wang
Office of Regulatory Activities, FDA National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, U S A
Anticancer Res 31:3171-80. 2011..This study demonstrates that up-regulation of hENT1 expression may be a novel mechanism involved in the additive effect of I3C and gemcitabine...