Jaroslav G Vostal
Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Release of annexin V-binding membrane microparticles from cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells after treatment with camptothecinJan Simak
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
BMC Cell Biol 3:11. 2002..We used flow cytometry to study the MP-release from cultured human umbilical vein endothelial cells (HUVEC) stimulated by various agonists. MP-release by a topoisomerase I inhibitor camptothecin has been studied in detail...
- Efficacy evaluation of current and future platelet transfusion productsJaroslav G Vostal
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Division of Hematology, OBRR, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, FDA, 1401 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852-1448, USA
J Trauma 60:S78-82. 2006
- Toxicity of a first-generation adenoviral vector in rhesus macaquesJay N Lozier
National Human Genome Research Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Hum Gene Ther 13:113-24. 2002..The rhesus macaque may be a useful animal model in which to evaluate mechanisms of adenovirus toxicities that have been encountered during clinical gene therapy trials...
- Elevated circulating endothelial membrane microparticles in paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuriaJan Simak
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Division of Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD, USA
Br J Haematol 125:804-13. 2004..Analysis of circulating ECMP appears promising to provide useful information on the status of the vascular endothelium in PNH and SCD...
- In vivo recovery of human platelets in severe combined immunodeficient mice as a measure of platelet damageJohn T Piper
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Division of Hematology, Office of Blood Research and Review, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, United States Food and Drug Administration, 1401 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Transfusion 47:1540-9. 2007..The severe combined immunodeficient (SCID) mice allowed prolonged circulation of human PLTs and were used to detect differences in recovery and survival between chemically damaged, aged PLTs, or normal PLTs...
- Cellular prion protein is expressed on endothelial cells and is released during apoptosis on membrane microparticles found in human plasmaJan Simak
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland 28092, USA
Transfusion 42:334-42. 2002..In orally infected animals, PrPsc accumulates in intestinal endothelial cells. In blood, two thirds of PrPc resides in plasma, but its source is not known...
- Cold temperatures reduce the sensitivity of stored platelets to disaggregating agentsTraci Heath Mondoro
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, FDA, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Platelets 13:11-20. 2002..Differences between aggregation and disaggregation responses of cold- and room temperature-stored platelets suggest that cold-stored platelets may have different mechanisms to stabilize platelet aggregates during their formation...
- Adenoviral vectors do not induce, inhibit, or potentiate human platelet aggregationThomas L Eggerman
Division of Cellular and Gene Therapy, Office of Therapeutics Research and Review, FDA, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Hum Gene Ther 13:125-8. 2002..These results suggest that the adenovirus-associated thrombocytopenia observed in vivo is independent of a direct effect of the virus on platelet aggregation...
- Scrapie infectivity in hamster blood is not associated with plateletsKarel Holada
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Virol 76:4649-50. 2002..This result indicates that platelets are not the source of blood-borne infectivity in transmissible spongiform encephalopathy-infected hamsters...
- CD34+ cells from paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) patients are deficient in surface expression of cellular prion protein (PrPc)Antonio M Risitano
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Exp Hematol 31:65-72. 2003..Conversely, PrP(c) is a good model to elucidate the fate of GPI-AP in PIG-A-deficient cells...
- Endogenous osteonectin/SPARC/BM-40 expression inhibits MDA-MB-231 breast cancer cell metastasisJennifer E Koblinski
Craniofacial Developmental Biology and Regeneration Branch and Gene Therapy and Therapeutics Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, NIH, Bethesda, Maryland 20892-4370, USA
Cancer Res 65:7370-7. 2005..These studies suggest that high endogenous expression of osteonectin in breast cancer cells may reduce metastasis via reduced invasive activity and reduced tumor cell-platelet aggregation...
- Expression of cellular prion protein on platelets from patients with gray platelet or Hermansky-Pudlak syndrome and the protein's association with alpha-granulesKarel Holada
Institute of Immunology and Microbiology, 1st Faculty of Medicine Charles University Prague, Studnickova 7, 128 20 Prague 2, Czech Republic
Haematologica 91:1126-9. 2006..Our results warrant further studies on the role of platelet PrPc in the transmission of prion diseases by blood transfusion...
- Activated platelets of patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria express cellular prion proteinKarel Holada
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Division of Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 100:341-3. 2002..Our results indicate that in the absence of GPI anchor, PrPc can be expressed intracellularly and up-regulated on the platelet membrane, likely in a transmembrane form with the C-terminal part of the molecule inserted into the cytoplasm...