Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Elevated circulating endothelial membrane microparticles in paroxysmal nocturnal haemoglobinuriaJan Simak
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Division of Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD, USA
Br J Haematol 125:804-13. 2004..Analysis of circulating ECMP appears promising to provide useful information on the status of the vascular endothelium in PNH and SCD...
- Cell membrane microparticles in blood and blood products: potentially pathogenic agents and diagnostic markersJan Simak
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD, USA
Transfus Med Rev 20:1-26. 2006..Thus, the investigation of potentially pathogenic effects of MPs in blood products and of MP release associated with blood product processing and storage have yet to come...
- Circulating endothelial microparticles in acute ischemic stroke: a link to severity, lesion volume and outcomeJ Simak
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, CBER, FDA, HFM 335, Rockville, MD 20852 1448, USA
J Thromb Haemost 4:1296-302. 2006..Endothelial membrane microparticles (EMP) in plasma are elevated in several vascular diseases...
- CD34+ cells from paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria (PNH) patients are deficient in surface expression of cellular prion protein (PrPc)Antonio M Risitano
Hematology Branch, National Heart, Lung and Blood Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD, USA
Exp Hematol 31:65-72. 2003..Conversely, PrP(c) is a good model to elucidate the fate of GPI-AP in PIG-A-deficient cells...
- Elevated endothelial microparticles in Fabry children decreased after enzyme replacement therapyMonique P Gelderman
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 27:e138-9. 2007
- Activated platelets of patients with paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria express cellular prion proteinKarel Holada
Laboratory of Cellular Hematology, Division of Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Blood 100:341-3. 2002..Our results indicate that in the absence of GPI anchor, PrPc can be expressed intracellularly and up-regulated on the platelet membrane, likely in a transmembrane form with the C-terminal part of the molecule inserted into the cytoplasm...
- Divergent expression of cellular prion protein on blood cells of human and nonhuman primatesKarel Holada
Department of Immunology and Microbiology, 1st Medical Faculty, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Transfusion 47:2223-32. 2007..Nonhuman primates are the most relevant models of human prion diseases...
- Adverse effects of fullerenes on endothelial cells: fullerenol C60(OH)24 induced tissue factor and ICAM-I membrane expression and apoptosis in vitroMonique P Gelderman
CBER, FDA, 1401 Rockville Pike, HFM 335, Rockville, MD 20852 1448, USA
Int J Nanomedicine 3:59-68. 2008..In conclusion, fullerenol C60(OH)24 had both pro-inflammatory and pro-apoptotic effects on HUVECs, indicating possible adverse effects of fullerenes on the endothelium...