I P Pogribny
Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Tryndyak V, Marrone A, Latendresse J, Muskhelishvili L, Beland F, Pogribny I. MicroRNA changes, activation of progenitor cells and severity of liver injury in mice induced by choline and folate deficiency. J Nutr Biochem. 2016;28:83-90 pubmed publisher..These findings suggest that miRNAs may be crucial regulators responsible for the progression of NAFLD and may be useful as noninvasive diagnostic indicators of the severity and progression of NAFLD. ..
- Pogribny I, Filkowski J, Tryndyak V, Golubov A, Shpyleva S, Kovalchuk O. Alterations of microRNAs and their targets are associated with acquired resistance of MCF-7 breast cancer cells to cisplatin. Int J Cancer. 2010;127:1785-94 pubmed publisher..These results suggest that dysregulated miRNA expression may underlie the abnormal functioning of critical cellular processes associated with the cisplatin-resistant phenotype. ..
- Pogribny I, Beland F. DNA hypomethylation in the origin and pathogenesis of human diseases. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2009;66:2249-61 pubmed publisher..This review presents evidence suggesting the involvement of DNA hypomethylation in the pathogenesis of several major human pathologies, including cancer, atherosclerosis, Alzheimer's disease, and psychiatric disorders. ..
- Tryndyak V, de Conti A, Doerge D, Olson G, Beland F, Pogribny I. Furan-induced transcriptomic and gene-specific DNA methylation changes in the livers of Fischer 344 rats in a 2-year carcinogenicity study. Arch Toxicol. 2017;91:1233-1243 pubmed publisher..Our findings illustrate that gene-specific DNA methylation changes have functional consequences and may be an important component of furan hepatotoxicity and hepatocarcinogenicity. ..
- Pogribny I, Tryndyak V, Muskhelishvili L, Rusyn I, Ross S. Methyl deficiency, alterations in global histone modifications, and carcinogenesis. J Nutr. 2007;137:216S-222S pubmed publisher..These results illustrate the complexity and importance of histone modification changes in the etiology of hepatocarcinogenesis induced by MDD. ..
- de Conti A, Tryndyak V, Doerge D, Beland F, Pogribny I. Irreversible down-regulation of miR-375 in the livers of Fischer 344 rats after chronic furan exposure. Food Chem Toxicol. 2016;98:2-10 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study support the hypothesis of the non-genotoxic mode of action of furan and emphasize the importance of epigenetic alterations in the mechanism of furan hepatotoxicity. ..
- Dreval K, de Conti A, Furuya S, Beland F, Rusyn I, Pogribny I. miR-1247 blocks SOX9-mediated regeneration in alcohol- and fibrosis-associated acute kidney injury in mice. Toxicology. 2017;384:40-49 pubmed publisher..The results of the present study demonstrate a functional role of epigenetic mechanisms in AKI and indicate the importance of correcting the epigenetic dysregulation for proper renal tubule maintenance and repair. ..
- de Conti A, Dreval K, Tryndyak V, Orisakwe O, Ross S, Beland F, et al. Inhibition of the Cell Death Pathway in Nonalcoholic Steatohepatitis (NASH)-Related Hepatocarcinogenesis Is Associated with Histone H4 lysine 16 Deacetylation. Mol Cancer Res. 2017;15:1163-1172 pubmed publisher..b>Implications: Histone H4K16 deacetylation induces silencing of genes related to the cell death that occurred during the development of NASH-related HCC. Mol Cancer Res; 15(9); 1163-72. ©2017 AACR. ..
- de Conti A, Beland F, Pogribny I. The role of epigenomic alterations in furan-induced hepatobiliary pathologies. Food Chem Toxicol. 2017;109:677-682 pubmed publisher..It also illustrates the potential role of epigenetic alterations as indicators for carcinogen exposure and for identification of carcinogens, especially those with non-genotoxic mechanisms of action. ..
- Pogribny I, Dreval K, Kindrat I, Melnyk S, Jimenez L, de Conti A, et al. Epigenetically mediated inhibition of S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase and the associated dysregulation of 1-carbon metabolism in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma. FASEB J. 2017;: pubmed publisher..James, S. J., Rusyn, I., Beland, F. A. Epigenetically mediated inhibition of S-adenosylhomocysteine hydrolase and the associated dysregulation of 1-carbon metabolism in nonalcoholic steatohepatitis and hepatocellular carcinoma. ..