Roger D Plaut
Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Whole genome sequencing of phage resistant Bacillus anthracis mutants reveals an essential role for cell surface anchoring protein CsaB in phage AP50c adsorptionKimberly A Bishop-Lilly
NMRC Frederick, 8400 Research Plaza, Ft, Detrick, MD 21702, USA
Virol J 9:246. 2012..Spontaneous Bacillus anthracis mutants resistant to infection by phage AP50c (AP50R) exhibit a mucoid colony phenotype and secrete an extracellular matrix...
- Stably luminescent Staphylococcus aureus clinical strains for use in bioluminescent imagingRoger D Plaut
Division of Bacterial, Parasitic, and Allergenic Products, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e59232. 2013..Similar strains were engineered using other sequenced clinical strains. Because these strains are stably luminescent, they should prove useful in animal models of infection...
- Epicutaneous model of community-acquired Staphylococcus aureus skin infectionsRanjani Prabhakara
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, FDA, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Infect Immun 81:1306-15. 2013..In vivo neutrophil depletion demonstrated that neutrophils play a protective role in preventing bacterial dissemination and fatal invasive infection...
- Evaluation of genetically inactivated alpha toxin for protection in multiple mouse models of Staphylococcus aureus infectionRebecca A Brady
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
PLoS ONE 8:e63040. 2013..aureus disease without conferring protection against other disease presentations and thus underscore a significant challenge in S. aureus vaccine development...
- Dissemination bottleneck in a murine model of inhalational anthraxRoger D Plaut
Division of Bacterial, Parasitic, and Allergenic Products, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
Infect Immun 80:3189-93. 2012..Such dominance of one strain over the other two was also found at early time points in the cervical lymph nodes but not in the mediastinal lymph nodes. These results support the existence of a bottleneck in the infectious process...