Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Estimates of acetaminophen (Paracetomal)-associated overdoses in the United StatesParivash Nourjah
Office of Drug Safety, Division of Drug Risk Evaluation, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland 20993, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:398-405. 2006..To estimate the number of acetaminophen-associated overdoses in the United States and identify possible risk factors for intervention...
- Trends in adherence to a revised risk management program designed to decrease or eliminate isotretinoin-exposed pregnancies: evaluation of the accutane SMART programAllen Brinker
Food and Drug Administration, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Office of Drug Safety, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Arch Dermatol 141:563-9. 2005....
- Sex and age differences in serum potassium in the United StatesDiane K Wysowski
Office of Drug Safety, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Clin Chem 49:190-2. 2003
- Troglitazone-induced liver failure: a case studyDavid J Graham
Office of Drug Safety, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 5600 Fishers Lane, HFD 400, Room 15B 32, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Am J Med 114:299-306. 2003..We evaluated the clinical features of all cases reported to the Food and Drug Administration and estimated the duration and magnitude of the risk of liver failure associated with continued use of the drug...
- Patient characteristics associated with outpatient prescriptions for nabumetone and oxaprozin versus celecoxib and rofecoxibAllen Brinker
Division of Drug Risk Evaluation, Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 62:739-43. 2005
- Bleeding complications with warfarin use: a prevalent adverse effect resulting in regulatory actionDiane K Wysowski
Division of Drug Risk Evaluation, Food and Drug Administration, White Oak, Bldg 22, Room 3424, 10903 New Hampshire Ave, Silver Spring, MD 20993, USA
Arch Intern Med 167:1414-9. 2007..Warfarin sodium is widely used and causes bleeding; a review might suggest the need for regulatory action by the US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)...
- Emergency department visits attributed to selected analgesics, United States, 2004-2005Mary Willy
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, FDA, Silver Spring, MD, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 18:188-95. 2009..To estimate the rate of emergency department (ED) visits attributed to selected analgesic-containing medications...
- Risk factors for prolonged QTc among US adults: Third National Health and Nutrition Examination SurveyStephen R Benoit
Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Eur J Cardiovasc Prev Rehabil 12:363-8. 2005..Although research exists on the relationship between QT prolongation and clinical outcome, few studies have described risk factors for prolonged QT interval in the general population...
- Drug-risk communication to pharmacists: assessing the impact of risk-minimization strategies on the practice of pharmacyLauren Y Lee
Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, MD, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 48:494-500. 2008..To gain insight on the knowledge, opinions, barriers, and practices of pharmacists regarding drug risk-minimization tools...
- Factors associated with celecoxib and rofecoxib utilizationNigel S B Rawson
Center for Health Care Policy and Evaluation, Eden Prairie, MN Oakville, ON, Canada
Ann Pharmacother 39:597-602. 2005..However, adverse reaction data suggest that the use of COX-2 selective NSAIDs is associated with clinically significant GI events...
- Topiramate-associated secondary angle-closure glaucoma: a case seriesLopa Thambi
Rockville, MD, USA
Arch Ophthalmol 120:1108. 2002
- Trends in the use of ipecac in the ED setting: data from the 1992-2002 NHAMCS-ED (letter)Allen D Brinker
Am J Emerg Med 24:759-61. 2006
- Analyzing prescription drugs as causes of death on death certificatesDiane K Wysowski
Public Health Rep 119:520. 2004