Beverly D Lyn-Cook
Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Increased expression of Toll-like receptors (TLRs) 7 and 9 and other cytokines in systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE) patients: ethnic differences and potential new targets for therapeutic drugsBeverly D Lyn-Cook
FDA National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR, United States Electronic address
Mol Immunol 61:38-43. 2014..Increased expression in these lupus patients provides an opportunity for targeting with antagonist as a new therapy for systemic lupus erythematous. ..
- Gender differences in gemcitabine (Gemzar) efficacy in cancer cells: effect of indole-3-carbinolBeverly D Lyn-Cook
FDA National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Anticancer Res 30:4907-13. 2010..This study demonstrated the potential of I3C, a possible non-toxic hypomethylating agent, combined with the anticancer agent, gemcitabine, to be a powerful strategy for treating pancreatic cancer...
- Enhanced efficacy of gemcitabine by indole-3-carbinol in pancreatic cell lines: the role of human equilibrative nucleoside transporter 1Honggang Wang
Office of Regulatory Activities, FDA National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, U S A
Anticancer Res 31:3171-80. 2011..This study demonstrates that up-regulation of hENT1 expression may be a novel mechanism involved in the additive effect of I3C and gemcitabine...
- Age and gender affect DNMT3a and DNMT3b expression in human liverYongmei Xiao
Division of Personalized Nutrition and Medicine, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Cell Biol Toxicol 24:265-72. 2008..The findings from this study suggest that ageing and gender may be important factors influencing DNA methylation status...
- Increased expression of heterogeneous nuclear ribonucleoprotein A2/B1 (hnRNP) in pancreatic tissue from smokers and pancreatic tumor cellsYan Yan-Sanders
Division of Molecular Epidemiology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Cancer Lett 183:215-20. 2002..Over-expression of hnRNP has been suggested as evidence that normal transcriptional regulation is altered...
- Ethnic differences in DNA methyltransferases expression in patients with systemic lupus erythematosusKenneth L Wiley
FDA National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
J Clin Immunol 33:342-8. 2013..Furthermore, differential expression in one of the DNMTs was found in a subset of lupus patients on dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) therapy...
- Cigarette smoke condensate induces differential expression and promoter methylation profiles of critical genes involved in lung cancer in NL-20 lung cells in vitro: short-term and chronic exposureBeverly Word
HFT 100, Office of Regulatory Activities, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Int J Toxicol 32:23-31. 2013..This study provides critical data suggesting that epigenetic changes could serve as an early biomarker of harm due to exposure to cigarette smoke...
- Modulation of the constitutive activated STAT3 transcription factor in pancreatic cancer prevention: effects of indole-3-carbinol (I3C) and genisteinJian P Lian
National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Anticancer Res 24:133-7. 2004..The signal transducer and activator of transcription 3 (STAT3) is a latent transcription factor required in proliferation and differentiation. STAT3 is activated constitutively in a number of cancers...