Genomes and Genes
Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- JTV1 co-activates FBP to induce USP29 transcription and stabilize p53 in response to oxidative stressJuhong Liu
Gene Regulation Section, Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
EMBO J 30:846-58. 2011..The accumulated p53 quickly induces apoptosis. Thus, FBP and JTV1 help to coordinate the molecular and cellular response to oxidative stress...
- FBPs are calibrated molecular tools to adjust gene expressionHye-Jung Chung
Laboratory of Pathology, CCR, NCI, Bldg. 10, Rm. 2N106, Bethesda, MD 20892-1500, USA
Mol Cell Biol 26:6584-97. 2006....
- The FUSE/FBP/FIR/TFIIH system is a molecular machine programming a pulse of c-myc expressionJuhong Liu
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD 20892 1500, USA
EMBO J 25:2119-30. 2006..Engineering FUSE into episomal vectors predictably re-programmed metallothionein-promoter-driven reporter expression. The in vitro recruitment of FBP and FIR to dynamically stressed c-myc DNA paralleled the in vivo process...
- Hierarchical mechanisms build the DNA-binding specificity of FUSE binding proteinLawrence R Benjamin
Gene Regulation Section, Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, Building 10, Room 2N106, Bethesda, MD 20892 1500, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:18296-301. 2008....
- TFIIH operates through an expanded proximal promoter to fine-tune c-myc expressionAchim Weber
Gene Regulation Section, Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute NIH, Bldg 10, Rm 2N106, Bethesda, MD 20892 1500, USA
Mol Cell Biol 25:147-61. 2005..This helps to suppress the intrinsic noise of transcription and to ensure the steady transcriptional output of c-myc necessary for cellular homeostasis...
- XPB induces C1D expression to counteract UV-induced apoptosisGuang Li
Pediatric Tumor Biology and Ultrastructural Pathology Section, Laboratory of Pathology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, NIH, Bethesda, MD 20892 1500, USA
Mol Cancer Res 8:885-95. 2010..Our findings provided direct evidence that C1D is associated with DNA repair complex and may promote repair of UV-induced DNA damage...
- The dynamic response of upstream DNA to transcription-generated torsional stressFedor Kouzine
Laboratory of Pathology, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 1500, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 11:1092-100. 2004..An alternative non-B conformation of FUSE found in stably supercoiled DNA is not accessible dynamically. These results demonstrate that dynamic disturbance of DNA structure provides a real-time measure of ongoing genetic activity...