Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Multiresidue pesticide analysis of botanical dietary supplements using salt-out acetonitrile extraction, solid-phase extraction cleanup column, and gas chromatography-triple quadrupole mass spectrometryDouglas G Hayward
US Food and Drug Administration, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, College Park, Maryland 20740 3835, United States
Anal Chem 85:4686-93. 2013..7 and 2800 μg/kg. Validation with these botanicals demonstrated the extent of this method's applicability for screening 310 pesticides in a wide array of botanical dietary supplements. ..
- Multiresidue pesticide analysis in ginseng and spinach by nontargeted and targeted screening proceduresDouglas G Hayward
U S Food and Drug Administration, 5100 Paint Branch Pkwy, College Park, MD 20740, USA
J AOAC Int 94:1741-51. 2011..Improvements to instrumentation, methods, and software are needed for efficient use of nontargeted screens in parallel with triple quadrupole MS...
- Polybrominated diphenyl ethers and polychlorinated biphenyls in commercially wild caught and farm-raised fish fillets in the United StatesDouglas Hayward
US Food and Drug Administration, 5100 Paint Branch Parkway, College Park, MD 20740, USA
Environ Res 103:46-54. 2007..A Wilcoxon rank sum test showed no significant difference in the CB-153/BDE-47 ratios between farmed raised and all species of wild salmon combined, but was significant between bluefish and rockfish, farmed raised salmon or wild salmon...
- Organohalogen and organophosphorous pesticide method for ginseng root--a comparison of gas chromatography-single quadrupole mass spectrometry with high resolution time-of-flight mass spectrometryDouglas G Hayward
U S Food and Drug Administration, Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, Office of Regulatory Science, 5100 Paint Branch Parkway, HFS 706, College Park, Maryland 20740 5350, USA
Anal Chem 81:5716-23. 2009..No significant differences were found in the concentrations measured for these pesticides on commercial ginsengs using either of the two GC/MS techniques...
- Development and interlaboratory validation of a QuEChERS-based liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry method for multiresidue pesticide analysisJon Wong
Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition, US Food and Drug Administration, College Park, Maryland 20740 3835, USA
J Agric Food Chem 58:5897-903. 2010..The study also showed that QuEChERS samples should be analyzed as soon as prepared or stored in a freezer to avoid any adverse affect on the analytes evaluated...