Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Depression as a risk factor for nursing home admission among older individualsYael Harris
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, 7500 Security Boulevard, Baltimore, MD 21244, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 8:14-20. 2007..This study investigated whether individuals enrolled in Medicare+Choice with symptoms of depression as measured using the mental health scale from the SF-36 were at increased risk of using nursing home services...
- Depressive symptoms in older people predict nursing home admissionYael Harris
Office of Clinical Standards and Quality, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services, Baltimore, Maryland 21244, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:593-7. 2006..To evaluate the power of several self-reported depressive symptoms to predict nursing home admission (NHA)...
- Achieving improvement through nursing home quality measurementYael Harris
Health Care Financ Rev 23:5-18. 2002....
- Sadness predicts death in older peopleJames K Cooper
George Washington University, USA
J Aging Health 14:509-26. 2002..To determine if a question about symptoms of depression in a mail survey predicts mortality after adjusting for a large number of covariates...
- Identification and evaluation of existing nursing homes quality indicatorsKatherine Berg
McGill University School of Physical and Occupational Therapy
Health Care Financ Rev 23:19-36. 2002..Of 143 indicators reviewed, only 22 were recommended for use in comparing performance across facilities. Conceptual and technical issues influence the appropriateness of QIs for different audiences...