Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Length of hospice care among U.S. adults: 1992-2000Beth Han
Office of Applied Studies, SAMHSA, U S Department of Health and Human Services, 1 Choke Cherry Road, Rm 7 1010, Rockville, MD 20587, USA
Inquiry 44:104-13. 2007..Although overall length of service use declined significantly in 1996, 1998, and 2000 compared to 1992, it was similar between 1996 and 2000...
- Suicidal ideation, suicide attempt, and occupations among employed adults aged 18-64years in the United StatesBeth Han
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration Electronic address
Compr Psychiatry 66:176-86. 2016..This study was to determine whether and how 12-month suicidal ideation and suicide attempt were associated with specific occupations among currently employed adults aged 18-64 in the U.S...
- Prevalence and correlates of past 12-month suicide attempt among adults with past-year suicidal ideation in the United StatesBeth Han
1 Choke Cherry Rd, Room 7 1010, Rockville, MD 20857
J Clin Psychiatry 76:295-302. 2015..To examine the prevalence and correlates of attempting suicide in the past 12 months among adults with past-year suicidal ideation in the United States...
- Agency ownership, patient payment source, and length of service in home care, 1992 2000Beth Han
US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC, USA
Gerontologist 47:438-46. 2007..This study investigated how for-profit and not-for-profit agencies responded to policy changes in the 1990s with respect to length of service...
- Characteristics of patients receiving hospice care at home versus in nursing homes: results from the National Home and Hospice Care Survey and the National Nursing Home SurveyBeth Han
US Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland 20782, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 24:479-86. 2007....
- Substance use disorder among older adults in the United States in 2020Beth Han
Office of Applied Studies, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD, USA
Addiction 104:88-96. 2009..This study aimed to project the number of people aged 50 years or older with substance use disorder (alcohol/illicit drug dependence or abuse) in the United States in 2020...
- Associations between duration of illicit drug use and health conditions: results from the 2005-2007 national surveys on drug use and healthBeth Han
Office of Applied Studies, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD 20857, USA
Ann Epidemiol 20:289-97. 2010....
- Serious psychological distress and mental health service use among community-dwelling older U.S. adultsBeth Han
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, U S Department of Health and Human Services, 1 Choke Cherry Rd, Rockville, MD 20854, USA
Psychiatr Serv 62:291-8. 2011..This study examined the prevalence and predictors of past-year serious psychological distress and receipt of mental health services among community-dwelling older adults in the United States...
- Inappropriate emergency department visits and use of the Health Care for the Homeless Program services by Homeless adults in the northeastern United StatesBeth Han
Special Populations Research Branch, Division of Programs for Special Populations, Bureau of Primary Health Care, Health Resources and Services Administration, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 9:530-7. 2003..Logistic regressions were applied. Having two or more HCHP visits [odds ratio (OR) = 0.43, 95% confidence interval (CI) 0.19, 0.90] by homeless adults was associated with decreased odds of having inappropriate ED visits...
- Pneumococcal vaccination in nursing homes: does race make a difference?Jill A Marsteller
Long Term Care Statistics Branch, Division of Health Care Statistics, National Center Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, MD, USA
J Am Med Dir Assoc 9:641-7. 2008....
- Suicidal ideation among community-dwelling adults in the United StatesBeth Han
Beth Han, Richard McKeon, and Joe Gfroerer are with the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD
Am J Public Health 104:488-97. 2014..We examined the prevalence and correlates of past-year suicidal ideation among US community-dwelling adults...
- Mental health treatment patterns among adults with recent suicide attempts in the United StatesBeth Han
Beth Han, Joseph Gfroerer, and Richard McKeon are with Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, MD Wilson M Compton is with the National Institute on Drug Abuse, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD
Am J Public Health 104:2359-68. 2014..We examined mental health treatment patterns among adults with suicide attempts in the past 12 months in the United States...
- Polypharmacy in nursing home residents in the United States: results of the 2004 National Nursing Home SurveyLisa L Dwyer
National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, Maryland 20782, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 8:63-72. 2010..As the number of medications taken increases, so does the risk for adverse events. Monitoring polypharmacy in this population is important and can improve the quality of nursing home care...
- The National Nursing Assistant Survey: improving the evidence base for policy initiatives to strengthen the certified nursing assistant workforceMarie R Squillace
Disability, Aging and Long Term Care Policy, Office of the Secretary Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation, US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC 20201, USA
Gerontologist 49:185-97. 2009..We highlight potential uses of this new survey using select population estimates as examples of how the NNAS can be used to inform new policy directions...
- A comprehensive examination of the influence of state tobacco control programs and policies on youth smokingMatthew C Farrelly
RTI International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Public Health 103:549-55. 2013....
- The Implications of the Affordable Care Act for Behavioral Health Services UtilizationMir M Ali
Analysis and Services Research Branch, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, 1 Choke Cherry Road, Rockville, MD, 20857, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 43:11-22. 2016..1 million through participation in health insurance exchanges. This represents a 40 % increase in BH services utilization, primarily for mental health services. ..
- Medicaid Expansion Under the Affordable Care Act: Potential Changes in Receipt of Mental Health Treatment Among Low-Income Nonelderly Adults With Serious Mental IllnessBeth Han
The authors are with the Center for Behavioral Health Statistics and Quality, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, US Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD
Am J Public Health 105:1982-9. 2015..Assessing these differences might estimate the impact of the Medicaid expansion efforts under the ACA on receipt of mental health treatment among uninsured nonelderly adults with SMI...
- Behavioral Health Outcomes Among Adults: Associations With Individual and Community-Level Economic ConditionsLaura J Dunlap
Dr Dunlap, Mr Dowd, Dr Cowell, and Dr Forman Hoffman are with RTI International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina e mail Dr Han is with the Center for Behavioral Health Quality and Statistics, Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, Maryland Ms Davies was with RTI International at the time of the study, but she is now with Quintiles, Inc, Durham, North Carolina Dr Colpe is with the Office of Clinical and Population Epidemiology Research, Division of Services and Intervention Research, National Institute of Mental Health, Bethesda, Maryland
Psychiatr Serv 67:71-7. 2016..This study examined the relationship between state and local economic conditions and serious psychological distress, substance use disorders, and mental health service utilization among adults in the United States...
- Nonmedical Prescription Opioid Use and Use Disorders Among Adults Aged 18 Through 64 Years in the United States, 2003-2013Beth Han
Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration, Rockville, Maryland
JAMA 314:1468-78. 2015..Since 1999, the United States has experienced increases in morbidity and mortality associated with nonmedical use of prescription opioids...
- Use of the Health Care for the Homeless Program services and other health care services by homeless adultsBeth Han
Special Populations Research Branch, Division of Programs for Special Populations, Bureau of Primary Health Care, Health Resources and Services Administration, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, MD 20814, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 14:87-99. 2003..15, 95 percent CI = 1.05-1.26). The results of the study can help health care providers better serve homeless adults to meet their health needs...
- Change in self-rated health and mortality among community-dwelling disabled older womenBeth Han
National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, MD, USA
Gerontologist 45:216-21. 2005..Our study assessed whether change in self-rated health is a stronger predictor of mortality than baseline self-rated health and the most recent self-rated health (prior to death or loss to follow-up) among disabled older women...
- Depressive symptoms and self-rated health in community-dwelling older adults: a longitudinal studyBeth Han
Bureau of Primary Health Care, Health Resources and Services Administration, U S Department of Health and Human Services, Bethesda, Maryland 20814, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1549-56. 2002..To test whether baseline depressive symptoms in older adults increase the risk of subsequent decline in self-rated health and decrease the likelihood of subsequent improvement in self-rated health...
- Predictors of six-month survival among patients with dementia: an evaluation of hospice Medicare guidelinesRonald S Schonwetter
Department of Internal Medicine, University of South Florida College of Medicine, LifePath Hospice and Palliative Care, Inc, Tampa, Florida, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 20:105-13. 2003..Broader issues in improving access to hospice care for dementia patients are discussed...
- The 1997 Balanced Budget Act and home services among medicare patientsBeth Han
JAMA 290:2661; author reply 2661. 2003
- Payment source and length of use among home health agency dischargesBeth Han
From the National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Hyattsville, Maryland, USA
Med Care 42:1081-90. 2004....
- End-of-life care in U.S. nursing homes: nursing homes with special programs and trained staff for hospice or palliative/end-of-life careSusan C Miller
Center for Gerontology and Health Care Research, The Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University, Providence, Rhode Island 02912, USA
J Palliat Med 11:866-77. 2008..S. nursing homes. Factors associated with the presence of SPTS for hospice or palliative/end-of-life care were identified...
- Impact of the Medicare interim payment system on length of use in home care among patients with Medicare-only payment sourceBeth Han
National Center for Health Statistics, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, 3311 Toledo Road, Room 3409, Hyattsville, MD 20782, USA
Home Health Care Serv Q 24:65-79. 2005....
- National trends in adult hospice use: 1991-1992 to 1999-2000Beth Han
National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, Maryland, USA
Health Aff (Millwood) 25:792-9. 2006..Hospice is still in the process of growing toward a steady state...
- Predictors of depression and life satisfaction among spousal caregivers in hospice: application of a stress process modelWilliam E Haley
Department of Gerontology, University of South Florida, H Lee Moffitt Cancer Center and Research Institute, LifePath Hospice, Tampa, Florida 33620, USA
J Palliat Med 6:215-24. 2003..Further research providing evidence on caregiver risk and protective factors could improve the conceptual and empirical basis for psychosocial interventions for hospice family caregivers...
- Differences in hospice use between black and white patients during the period 1992 through 2000Beth Han
National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, Maryland, USA
Med Care 44:731-7. 2006..We tested differences in length of hospice survival from hospice enrollment to death between black and white patients during this period...