DARON I FREEDBERG
Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Using nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy to characterize biologicalsD I Freedberg
Center for Biologicals, Evaluation and Research, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Dev Biol (Basel) 122:77-83. 2005
- An alternative method for pucker determination in carbohydrates from residual dipolar couplings: a solution NMR study of the fructofuranosyl ring of sucroseDARON I FREEDBERG
Laboratory of Biophysics, CBER FDA, 29 Lincoln Drive, Building 29 HFM 419, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:2358-62. 2002..Hence, when a sufficient number of residual dipolar coupling constants is measured, the outcome is a robust, reliable, and independent route for determining carbohydrate and nucleic acid structure by NMR spectroscopy...
- Constant time INEPT CT-HSQC (CTi-CT-HSQC) - A new NMR method to measure accurate one-bond J and RDCs with strong 1H-1H couplings in natural abundanceBingwu Yu
Laboratory of Bacterial Polysaccharides, CBER FDA, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States
J Magn Reson 228:159-65. 2013..We demonstrate that RDCs can be obtained with higher accuracy by CTi-CT-HSQC, which compensates the limitation of simulation method...
- More accurate 1J(CH) coupling measurement in the presence of 3J(HH) strong coupling in natural abundanceBingwu Yu
Laboratory of Bacterial Polysaccharides, CBER FDA, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Magn Reson 215:10-22. 2012..We conclude that spectral simulation yields accurate (1)J(CH) with errors as low as 1% in the presence of strong coupling...
- Rapid structural fluctuations of the free HIV protease flaps in solution: relationship to crystal structures and comparison with predictions of dynamics calculationsDARON I FREEDBERG
Molecular Structural Biology Unit, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Protein Sci 11:221-32. 2002..These results are compared with theoretical predictions of flap dynamics and the possible biological significance of the sub-ns time scale dynamics of the flap tips is discussed...
- The utility of residual dipolar couplings in detecting motion in carbohydrates: application to sucroseRichard M Venable
Laboratory of Biophysics, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, FDA, 1401 Rockville Pike, HFM 419, MD 20852, USA
Carbohydr Res 340:863-74. 2005..Previously published 13C nuclear relaxation results suggesting that sucrose is rigid are not inconsistent with the present results when motional timescales are considered...
- Direct assignment of the absolute configuration of a distinct class of deoxyribonucleoside cyclic N-acylphosphoramidites at phosphorus by M-GOESY nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopyAndrzej Wilk
Division of Therapeutic Proteins, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, 8800 Rockville Pike, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
J Am Chem Soc 124:1180-1. 2002..M-GOESY NMR data also confirm that the condensation of deoxyribonucleoside cyclic N-acylphosphoramidites with base-activated nucleosidic or nucleotidic 5'-hydroxyls proceeds via a single nucleophilic event...
- Structural and functional characterization of glutaraldehyde-polymerized bovine hemoglobin and its isolated fractionsPaul W Buehler
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Vascular Biology, Division of Hematology, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research CBER, Food and Drug Administration FDA, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Anal Chem 77:3466-78. 2005..Structural modification imparted by glutaraldehyde resulted in nearly identical functional characteristics of PolyHbBv and its fractions with regard to oxygen equilibrium, ligand binding, and autoxidative kinetics...
- NMR structure of chaperone Chz1 complexed with histones H2A.Z-H2BZheng Zhou
Laboratory of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Center for Cancer Research, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 15:868-9. 2008..A molecular model that docks Chz1 onto the nucleosome has implications for its potential functions...