Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Quality control and quality assessment of data from surface-enhanced laser desorption/ionization (SELDI) time-of flight (TOF) mass spectrometry (MS)Huixiao Hong
Division of Bioinformatics, Z tech at FDA s National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:S5. 2005..The use of SELDI data for biomarker identification requires application of rigorous procedures to detect and discard low quality spectra prior to data analysis...
- Quantitative comparisons of in vitro assays for estrogenic activitiesH Fang
Division of Genetic and Reproductive Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research NCTR, Jefferson, Arkansas, USA
Environ Health Perspect 108:723-9. 2000..The results should provide guidance for expanded data mining examinations and the selection of appropriate assays to screen estrogenic endocrine disruptors...
- Bioinformatics approaches for cross-species liver cancer analysis based on microarray gene expression profilingH Fang
Division of Bioinformatics, Z Tech Corporation, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 6:S6. 2005....
- QSAR models using a large diverse set of estrogensL M Shi
ROW Sciences Inc, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
J Chem Inf Comput Sci 41:186-95. 2001....
- The estrogen receptor relative binding affinities of 188 natural and xenochemicals: structural diversity of ligandsR M Blair
Division of Genetic and Reproductive Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Toxicol Sci 54:138-53. 2000..The current study provides the most structurally diverse ER RBA data set with the widest range of RBA values published to date...
- Comparative molecular field analysis (CoMFA) model using a large diverse set of natural, synthetic and environmental chemicals for binding to the androgen receptorH Hong
Northrop Grumman Information Technology, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
SAR QSAR Environ Res 14:373-88. 2003..637 logRBA. This study demonstrates the utility of this CoMFA model for real-world use in predicting the AR binding affinities of structurally diverse chemicals over a wide RBA range...
- Structure-activity relationships for a large diverse set of natural, synthetic, and environmental estrogensH Fang
R.O.W. Sciences, Inc, 3900 NCTR Road, MC 910, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Chem Res Toxicol 14:280-94. 2001..A rigid ring structure favors ER binding. The knowledge derived from this study is rationalized into a set of hierarchical rules that will be useful in guidance for identification of potential estrogens...
- An in silico ensemble method for lead discovery: decision forestH Hong
Z Tech at National Center for Toxicological Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Division of Bioinformatics, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
SAR QSAR Environ Res 16:339-47. 2005..The results show that the decision forest method is a fast, reliable and effective in silico approach, which could be useful in drug discovery...
- An integrated "4-phase" approach for setting endocrine disruption screening priorities--phase I and II predictions of estrogen receptor binding affinityL Shi
R O W Sciences, Inc, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
SAR QSAR Environ Res 13:69-88. 2002..We believe that the same integrated scheme will be equally applicable to endpoints of other endocrine disrupting mechanisms, e.g. androgen receptor binding...
- The liver toxicity knowledge base: a systems approach to a complex end pointM Chen
Division of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, Arkansas, USA
Clin Pharmacol Ther 93:409-12. 2013..The project has also produced a centralized resource of data as well as predictive models that will be useful for research and drug regulation...
- Threshold analysis of selected dose-response data for endocrine active chemicalsR M Blair
Division of Genetic and Reproductive Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, U.S. Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
APMIS 109:198-208. 2001..The normalized data demonstrated a good fit to the modified Michaelis-Menten equation. These results indicate that a variety of biological responses fit the modified Michaelis-Menten equation, which does not have a threshold dose term...
- Assessing sources of inconsistencies in genotypes and their effects on genome-wide association studies with HapMap samplesH Hong
Division of Systems Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 10:364-74. 2010..Our studies show that inconsistencies between SNP arrays and between genotype calling algorithms are potential sources for the lack of reproducibility in GWAS results...
- Selective alterations of transcription factors in MPP+-induced neurotoxicity in PC12 cellsZ Xu
Neurochemistry Laboratory, Division of Neurotoxicology, HFT 132, National Center for Toxicological Research, Food and Drug Administration, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Neurotoxicology 26:729-37. 2005..The data indicates that selective transcription factors are involved in MPP(+)-induced neurotoxicity and it provides mechanistic information that may be applicable to animal studies with MPTP and clinical studies of Parkinson's disease...
- Bioavailability of butachlor and myclobutanil residues in soil to earthwormsY L Yu
Department of Plant Protection, College of Agriculture and Biotechnology, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou 310029, People s Republic of China
Chemosphere 59:961-7. 2005..The concentrations of the pesticides accumulated in E. foetida and A. caliginosa varied with species, suggesting that the availability of the soil-sequestered pesticide is a species-dependent process...
- Patterns of distal-less gene expression and inductive interactions in the head of the direct developing frog Eleutherodactylus coquiH Fang
Department of Zoology, University of Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Dev Biol 179:160-72. 1996..coqui embryo have been modified during the evolution of direct development, and that changes in the competence of the E. coqui ectoderm may be responsible for the loss of certain tadpole-specific structures, such as cement gland...