Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Children's hospitalizations with a mood disorder diagnosis in general hospitals in the united states 2000-2006Tamar Lasky
MIE Resources, Kingston, Rhode Island, USA
Child Adolesc Psychiatry Ment Health 5:27. 2011..abstract:..
- Profile of inpatient operating room procedures in US hospitals in 2007Anne Elixhauser
Center for Delivery, Organization, and Markets, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Arch Surg 145:1201-8. 2010..To provide an overview of inpatient operating room (OR) procedures in the United States...
- Costly hospital readmissions and complex chronic illnessBernard Friedman
Center for Delivery, Organization and Markets, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 540 Gaither Road, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Inquiry 45:408-21. 2008..The study's methods and descriptive data potentially could be useful for health plans and their sponsors (employers, government) when they design strategies to address the high cost of complex chronic illness...
- Identification of hospital-acquired catheter-associated urinary tract infections from Medicare claims: sensitivity and positive predictive valueChunliu Zhan
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland 20850 6649, USA
Med Care 47:364-9. 2009..This study was to determine the positive predictive value (PPV) and sensitivity in identifying patients in Medicare claims who had urinary catheterization and who had hospital-acquired CAUTIs...
- Modifying DRG-PPS to include only diagnoses present on admission: financial implications and challengesChunliu Zhan
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Med Care 45:288-91. 2007..This study used data from 2 states currently coding POA to assess the financial impact if Medicare pays based on POA conditions only and to examine the challenges in implementing POA coding...
- Hospital inpatient costs for adults with multiple chronic conditionsBernard Friedman
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, USA
Med Care Res Rev 63:327-46. 2006..Current policies and demonstrations for the Medicare program may not be sufficient to address complex illness...
- Patient safety events during pediatric hospitalizationsMarlene R Miller
Center for Quality Improvement and Patient Safety, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Pediatrics 111:1358-66. 2003..Our objective was to describe potential patient safety events for hospitalized children, using the patient safety indicators (PSIs), and examine associations with these events...
- The healthcare cost and utilization project: an overviewClaudia Steiner
Center for Organization and Delivery Studies, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Eff Clin Pract 5:143-51. 2002....
- Using the AHRQ quality indicators to improve health care qualityAnne Elixhauser
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 31:533-8. 2005..With enhancements currently underway, the QIs will be an even more valuable part of the toolkit to improve health care quality in the United States...
- Sensitivity of household reported medical conditions in the medical expenditure panel surveySteven Machlin
Division of Statistical Research and Methods, Center for Financing, Access and Cost Trends, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Med Care 47:618-25. 2009..Although medical condition data are complex and are subject to reporting error, little information exists on the quality of household reported condition data...
- Health care for children and youth in the United States: 2001 annual report on access, utilization, quality, and expendituresAnne Elixhauser
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, US Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Ambul Pediatr 2:419-37. 2002....
- Differences between Hispanics and non-Hispanic Whites in use of hospital procedures for cerebrovascular diseaseAnne Elixhauser
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Ethn Dis 12:29-37. 2002..This study examined disparities in the use of in-hospital diagnostic and therapeutic procedures for Hispanics with cerebrovascular disease compared to their non-Hispanic White counterparts...