Genomes and Genes
Robert C Duncan
Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- DNA microarray analysis of protozoan parasite gene expression: outcomes correlate with mechanisms of regulationRobert Duncan
Division of Emerging and Transfusion Transmitted Diseases, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research CBER, Food and Drug Administration FDA, 1401 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Trends Parasitol 20:211-5. 2004
- Rubella virus capsid protein induces apoptosis in transfected RK13 cellsR Duncan
Laboratory of Parasitic Biology and Biochemistry, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland 20892, USA
Virology 275:20-9. 2000..Though apoptosis-inducing capsid constructs appear to have an ER sub-cellular localization, disruption of the ER calcium storage capacity does not correlate with cell death. Mechanisms consistent with these results are discussed...
- Early response gene expression during differentiation of cultured Leishmania donovaniR Duncan
Laboratory of Bacterial, Parasitic and Unconventional Agents, FDA CBER, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Parasitol Res 87:897-906. 2001..Changes in RNA level occurred within 2 h for each gene and continued in advance of morphological changes. The expression levels of these four genes in axenic amastigotes correlated with results from animal-derived parasites...
- The application of gene expression microarray technology to kinetoplastid researchRobert C Duncan
Division of Emerging and Transfusion Transmitted Diseases, Office of Blood Research and Review, CBER, FDA, Bethesda, MD, USA
Curr Mol Med 4:611-21. 2004....
- Leishmania donovani argininosuccinate synthase is an active enzyme associated with parasite pathogenesisInès Lakhal-Naouar
Laboratory of Emerging Pathogens, Division of Emerging and Transfusion Transmitted Diseases, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research CBER, Food and Drug Administration FDA, Bethesda, MD, USA
PLoS Negl Trop Dis 6:e1849. 2012..In order to characterize in detail this newly identified protein in Leishmania, we determined its enzymatic activity, subcellular localization in the parasite and affect on virulence in vivo...
- A new model of progressive visceral leishmaniasis in hamsters by natural transmission via bites of vector sand fliesHamide Aslan
Vector Molecular Biology Section, Laboratory of Malaria and Vector Research, National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Infect Dis 207:1328-38. 2013..Protection of needle-challenged vaccinated mice was abrogated in vector-initiated cutaneous leishmaniasis, highlighting the importance of developing natural transmission models for VL...
- Mitochondrial associated ubiquitin fold modifier-1 mediated protein conjugation in Leishmania donovaniSreenivas Gannavaram
Laboratory of Emerging Pathogens, Division of Emerging and Transfusion Transmitted Diseases, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, U S Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16156. 2011..Thus, Ufm1 conjugation pathway in Leishmania could be explored as a potential drug target in the control of Leishmaniasis...
- Upregulation of surface proteins in Leishmania donovani isolated from patients of post kala-azar dermal leishmaniasisPoonam Salotra
Molecular Biology Laboratory, Institute of Pathology ICMR, Safdarjung Hospital Campus, New Delhi, India
Microbes Infect 8:637-44. 2006..Such differentially expressed genes hold the key to understanding the parasite genetic factors that contribute to the persistence after clinical cure of VL...