Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Assembly, structure, and antigenic properties of virus-like particles rich in HIV-1 envelope gp120Ira Berkower
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, Division of Viral Products, Office of Vaccine Research and Review, Center for Biologics, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Virology 321:75-86. 2004..These gp120-rich particles can enhance the quality, as well as quantity, of antibodies elicited by a gp120 vaccine...
- Targeted deletion in the beta20-beta21 loop of HIV envelope glycoprotein gp120 exposes the CD4 binding site for antibody bindingIra Berkower
Laboratory of Immunoregulation, DVP, Office of Vaccine Research and Review, Center for Biologics, FDA, Bldg 29, Room 523, NIH Campus, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Virology 377:330-8. 2008..Modified forms of gp120, in which the CD4 binding site is more exposed and accessible to antibodies, could provide novel immunogens for eliciting antibodies to this broadly shared neutralizing determinant...
- Live attenuated rubella viral vectors stably express HIV and SIV vaccine antigens while reaching high titersKonstantin Virnik
Lab of Immunoregulation, Division of Viral Products, Office of Vaccines, Center for Biologics, FDA, NIH Campus, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
Vaccine 30:5453-8. 2012..Rubella readily infects rhesus macaques, and these animals will provide an ideal model for testing the new vectors for replication in vivo, immunogenicity, and protection against SIV or SHIV challenge...
- Hepatitis B virus surface antigen assembly function persists when entire transmembrane domains 1 and 3 are replaced by a heterologous transmembrane sequenceIra Berkower
Center for Biologics, FDA, Bethesda, MD 20892, USA
J Virol 85:2439-48. 2011..The membrane-proximal exposed region (MPER) of gp41 is an important target of broadly reactive neutralizing antibodies against HIV-1, and HBsAg-MPER particles may provide a good platform for future vaccine development...
- Stable expression of a foreign protein by a replication-competent rubella viral vectorAngelo Spadaccini
Lab of Immunoregulation, DVP, Office of Vaccine Research and Review, Center for Biologics, FDA, USA
Vaccine 28:1181-7. 2010..Further progress in expressing exogenous viral antigens in rubella may produce live viral vectors capable of immunizing against viruses for which attenuation is not currently feasible...
- Antibodies to the A27 protein of vaccinia virus neutralize and protect against infection but represent a minor component of Dryvax vaccine--induced immunityYong He
Division of Viral Products, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, US Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Infect Dis 196:1026-32. 2007..These findings demonstrate that A27 antibodies do not represent the major fraction of neutralizing activity in VIG and suggest that immunity may be augmented by vaccines and immune globulins that include strong antibody responses to A27...
- Enhanced expression of HIV and SIV vaccine antigens in the structural gene region of live attenuated rubella viral vectors and their incorporation into virionsKonstantin Virnik
Lab of Immunoregulation, Division of Viral Products, Office of Vaccines, Center for Biologics, FDA, Bldg 29, Room 523, NIH Campus, Bethesda, MD 20892, United States
Vaccine 31:2119-25. 2013..The rubella vaccine strain readily infects rhesus macaques, and these animals will be the model of choice for testing vector growth in vivo and immunogenicity...