- Depression is associated with low plasma Abeta42 independently of cardiovascular disease in the homebound elderlyWei Qiao Qiu
Department of Psychiatry, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 22:536-42. 2007..Plasma Amyloid-beta peptide 42 (Abeta42) declines before and soon after the onset of AD, yet the relationship between plasma Abeta42 and depression is unclear...
- Improving dementia assessment by reducing sample heterogeneityMarshal Folstein
Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Int Psychogeriatr 19:383-9. 2007..The statistical power of trials could be increased if heterogeneity of the sample were reduced by the administration of a risk factor inventory which could be used for subject selection or selection of drug responders...
- Amyloid-associated depression: a prodromal depression of Alzheimer disease?Xiaoyan Sun
Department of Psychiatry, Tufts New England Medical Center, Campus Box 1007, 750 Washington St, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 65:542-50. 2008..In a previous study, we reported that depression is also associated with low plasma Abeta(42) levels in the elderly population...
- Functional expressions of the aging brainMarshal Folstein
Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
Nutr Rev 68:S70-3. 2010..In conclusion, brain atrophy of aging in the absence of dementia is related to vascular disease but not hippocampal atrophy. Studies of nutritional interventions should consider using MRI atrophy rather than cognition as outcome...
- The homocysteine hypothesis of depressionMarshal Folstein
Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Tufts University, Boston, MA, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:861-7. 2007..Longitudinal studies and clinical trials should be designed to challenge the hypothesis...
- The relationship between plasma amyloid-β peptides and the medial temporal lobe in the homebound elderlyXiaoyan Sun
Department of Psychiatry, Tufts Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, MA, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 26:593-601. 2011..We thus examined the relationship between plasma Aβ levels and brain volumes...
- The Nutrition, Aging, and Memory in Elders (NAME) study: design and methods for a study of micronutrients and cognitive function in a homebound elderly populationTammy M Scott
Tufts New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 21:519-28. 2006..Understanding mediating factors by which micronutrient status affects cognitive function would contribute to elders' quality of life and their ability to remain in the home...
- Depression and plasma amyloid beta peptides in the elderly with and without the apolipoprotein E4 alleleXiaoyan Sun
Department of Psychiatry, Institute for Clinical Research and Health Policy Studies, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, 750 Washington Street, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Alzheimer Dis Assoc Disord 23:238-44. 2009....
- Depression, antidepressants, and plasma amyloid beta (Beta) peptides in those elderly who do not have cardiovascular diseaseXiaoyan Sun
Department of Psychiatry, Tufts New England Medical Center, Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
Biol Psychiatry 62:1413-7. 2007..Low plasma amyloid-beta peptide 42 (Abeta42) is associated with depressive symptoms independently of cardiovascular disease (CVD) in the elderly. It is critical to investigate whether antidepressants modify this relationship...
- Diffusion tensor imaging, white matter lesions, the corpus callosum, and gait in the elderlyRefeeque A Bhadelia
Tufts Medical Center and Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, USA
Stroke 40:3816-20. 2009..Our purpose was to investigate the relationship between the integrity of white matter in the corpus callosum as determined by DTI and quantitative measures of gait in the elderly...
- Rationale for tests of the neuropsychiatric effects of nutrient deficiencyMarshal Folstein
Tufts University School of Medicine and New England Medical Center, Boston, MA 02111, USA
Nestle Nutr Workshop Ser Clin Perform Programme 6:241-7; discussion 247-9. 2002
- Executive dysfunction in homebound older people with diabetes mellitusWei Qiao Qiu
Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, Department of Psychiatry, Clinical Research Center, Tufts University, Boston, Massachusetts 02111, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:496-501. 2006..To describe patterns of cognitive deficits and activities of daily living (ADLs) in older people with diabetes mellitus...
- Micronutrients, stroke and cognition in agingMarshal Folstein; Fiscal Year: 2005..abstract_text> ..