Robert K Flamm
Affiliation: Focus Technologies
- Factors associated with relative rates of antibiotic resistance in Pseudomonas aeruginosa isolates tested in clinical laboratories in the United States from 1999 to 2002Robert K Flamm
Focus Technologies, 13665 Dulles Technology Drive, Suite 200, Herndon, VA 20171 4603, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2431-6. 2004..Multidrug resistance (MDR) (resistance to three or more antimicrobial agents) accounted for 24.9% of all isolates. The MDR rate was highest in isolates from patients in nursing homes (29.9%) and ICU (29.5%)...
- Comparison of in vitro activities of ABT-773 and telithromycin against macrolide-susceptible and -resistant streptococci and staphylococciVirginia D Shortridge
Discovery and Clinical Microbiology, Infectious Diseases Research, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 46:783-6. 2002..06 microg/ml; telithromycin MIC90, 0.5 microg/ml). ABT-773 has superior activity against macrolide-resistant streptococci compared to that of telithromycin...
- Affinity of doripenem and comparators to penicillin-binding proteins in Escherichia coli and Pseudomonas aeruginosaTodd A Davies
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, LLC, Room B225, 1000 Route 202, Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 52:1510-2. 2008..This PBP affinity profile correlates with the broad-spectrum gram-negative activity observed with doripenem...
- Comparison of selection for mutants with reduced susceptibility to ABT-773, erythromycin and rifampicin in respiratory tract pathogensAngela M Nilius
Infectious Diseases Research, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064 3537, USA
J Antimicrob Chemother 49:831-6. 2002..The susceptibility profiles indicate that different mutations were selected and that ABT-773 and erythromycin may interact with the ribosome differently...
- Antimicrobial susceptibility and molecular characterization of community-acquired methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureusLaurel S Almer
Infectious Diseases Research, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 43:225-32. 2002..Our results indicate that MRSA from adult subjects with community respiratory infections have similar antimicrobial susceptibility profiles and resistance mechanisms as nosocomial MRSA, and represent a genetically diverse group...
- In vitro antibacterial activity of the pyrrolopyrazolyl-substituted oxazolidinone RWJ-416457Barbara D Foleno
Johnson and Johnson Pharmaceutical Research and Development, L L C, Raritan, NJ 08869, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 51:361-5. 2007..Time-kill studies demonstrated bacteriostatic effects for both RWJ-416457 and linezolid...
- Ribosome affinity and the prolonged molecular postantibiotic effect of cethromycin (ABT-773) in Haemophilus influenzaeZhensheng Cao
Dept R42A, Infectious Disease Research, Bldg AP30, Abbott Laboratories, 200 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064 6145, USA
Int J Antimicrob Agents 24:362-8. 2004..Therefore, the tight binding of cethromycin with ribosomes likely contributed to the faster drug accumulation, slower dissociation from cells and prolonged molecular PAE of cethromycin for H. influenzae...
- In vitro and bactericidal activities of ABT-492, a novel fluoroquinolone, against Gram-positive and Gram-negative organismsLaurel S Almer
Infectious Diseases Research, R47T, AP52N, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, IL 60064 3537, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:2771-7. 2004..Bactericidal activity of ABT-492 was also evaluated...
- Emergence of macrolide resistance during treatment of pneumococcal pneumoniaDaniel M Musher
N Engl J Med 346:630-1. 2002
- Epidemiology of macrolide and/or lincosamide resistant Streptococcus pneumoniae clinical isolates with ribosomal mutationsStella Z Doktor
Infectious Diseases Research, Abbott Laboratories, 200 Abbott Park Road, Abbott Park, IL 60064, USA
Diagn Microbiol Infect Dis 49:47-52. 2004..50s ribosomal mutations are the least frequent mechanism of S. pneumoniae resistance, occurring at an extremely low frequency and are identified only by genome sequence data...
- Molecular epidemiology of macrolide resistance in neonatal bloodstream isolates of group B streptococciDaniel J Diekema
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Iowa Colleges of Medicine and Public Health, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
J Clin Microbiol 41:2659-61. 2003..Erm methylase (ermA and ermB) was the most common resistance mechanism detected, present in 12 of 20 macrolide-resistant GBS...
- Fluoroquinolone resistance in Streptococcus pyogenesSandra S Richter
Department of Pathology, University of Iowa Healthcare, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Clin Infect Dis 36:380-3. 2003..This is the second report of a clinical isolate of S. pyogenes with high-level fluoroquinolone resistance...
- In vitro antibacterial potency and spectrum of ABT-492, a new fluoroquinoloneAngela M Nilius
Infectious Diseases Research, Abbott Laboratories, Abbott Park, Illinois 60064 3537, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:3260-9. 2003....