Affiliation: Florida A and M University
- Geographical, temporal and racial disparities in late-stage prostate cancer incidence across Florida: a multiscale joinpoint regression analysisPierre Goovaerts
BioMedware, Inc, Ann Arbor, MI, USA
Int J Health Geogr 10:63. 2011..Yet, most analyses of temporal trends are aspatial and conducted at the national level or for a single cancer registry...
- Economic burden of dehydration among hospitalized elderly patientsHong Xiao
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee, FL 32307, USA
Am J Health Syst Pharm 61:2534-40. 2004..The cost of unnecessary hospitalizations associated with dehydration in elderly patients was studied...
- Analysis of prostate cancer incidence using geographic information system and multilevel modelingHong Xiao
Research Faculty, Florida A and M University Center for Minority Prostate Cancer Training and Research, Tallahassee, FL, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 99:218-25. 2007..The GIS results also add local community perspectives important for planning community education and outreach to reduce racial disparities in low-income neighborhoods and low-literacy populations...
- The effect of perceived health status on patient satisfactionHong Xiao
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Science, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee, FL 32307, USA
Value Health 11:719-25. 2008..To examine the effect of perceived health status on three components of patient satisfaction...
- Prostate cancer treatment patterns among racial/ethnic groups in FloridaHong Xiao
Florida A and M University College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Tallahassee, Florida 32312, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 101:936-43. 2009..No studies have specifically examined BMT in treating localized prostate cancer by race/ethnicity...
- Racial and geographic disparities in late-stage prostate cancer diagnosis in FloridaHong Xiao
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Florida A and M University, FL, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 22:187-99. 2011..Additional analysis is needed to disentangle the observed racial/ethnic and geographic differences...
- Types of hysterectomy. Comparison of characteristics, hospital costs, utilization and outcomesEllen S Campbell
College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Florida A and M University, Tallahassee Memorial Hospital, Tallahassee, FL 32307 3800, USA
J Reprod Med 48:943-9. 2003..To compare hospital costs, patient characteristics and outcomes of 3 hysterectomy techniques--abdominal, vaginal and laparoscopically assisted vaginal (LAVH)...
- A trend analysis of organ transplantation among ethnic groupsHong Xiao
Florida A and M University, College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Division of Economic, Social and Administrative Pharmacy, Tallahassee 32307-3800, USA
J Natl Med Assoc 94:15-20. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: Further research is needed to determine whether variations exist due to organ availability versus prevalence of the disease...
- [Improved laparoscopic Vechitti procedure for constructing a functioning vagina]Ning-zhi Zhang
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the First People's Hospital of Fuyang, AnHui 236000, China
Zhonghua Zheng Xing Wai Ke Za Zhi 20:361-3. 2004..Therefore, the new improved procedure is a preferred way in constructing vagina for treating those patients...