Josie A Weiss
Affiliation: Florida Atlantic University
- Just heavy menses or something more? Raising awareness of von Willebrand diseaseJosie A Weiss
Christine E Lynn College of Nursing, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, USA
Am J Nurs 112:38-44; quiz 46, 45. 2012..This article describes von Willebrand disease and its three types, explains how to recognize and investigate suggestive symptoms, and outlines management strategies...
- Learning from a community action plan to promote safe sexual practicesJosie A Weiss
Christine E Lynn College of Nursing, Florida Atlantic University, Port St Lucie 34974, USA
Soc Work 55:19-26. 2010..The purpose of this article is to describe a community-based participatory action project to decrease the spread of HIV/AIDS and to discuss important lessons learned in the process...
- Lessons learned from Hurricane Mitch: a guide for holistic practiceJosie A Weiss
Christine E Lynn College of Nursing, Florida Atlantic University, Treasure Coast Campus, Port St Lucie, FL, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 20:282-7. 2006..The purpose of this article is to utilize the lessons learned from Hurricane Mitch as a guide for holistic practice in both hurricane preparation and response planning...
- Let us talk about it: safe adolescent sexual decision makingJosie A Weiss
Christine E Lynn College of Nursing, Florida Atlantic University, Treasure Coast Campus, Port St Lucie, Florida, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 19:450-8. 2007..To discuss important factors that influence teens and provide guidance for nurse practitioners (NPs) to promote safe adolescent sexual decision making...
- Broadening horizons: engaging advanced practice nursing students in faculty researchJosie A Weiss
Christine E Lynn College of Nursing, Florida Atlantic University, FL 34986, USA
Nurse Educ 34:75-9. 2009..The author discusses strategies for effectively engaging graduate nursing students into research projects in ways that broaden the students' perspectives and strengthen their healthcare decision-making skills...
- Redefining boundaries: a grounded theory study of recidivism in womenJosie A Weiss
Christine E Lynn College of Nursing, Florida Atlantic University, 500 N W California Avenue, Port St Lucie, FL 34986, USA
Health Care Women Int 31:258-73. 2010..S. women, we hope to provide a new perspective on the decision making of some women that results in recidivism, in order to initiate dialogue that could lead to more effective interventions worldwide...
- Understanding adolescent voice as a guide for nursing practice and researchKim Jolly
Florida Atlantic University, Christine E Lynn College of Nursing, Boca Raton, Florida 33431 0991, USA
Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs 30:3-13. 2007..The purpose of this paper is to introduce the concept of adolescent voice as a means of improving health care for teens and as a basis for further research...
- Normalizing risky sexual behaviors: a grounded theory studyJosie A Weiss
Christine E Lynn College of Nursing, Florida Atlantic University, Port St Lucie, FL, USA
Pediatr Nurs 34:163-9. 2008..To generate a substantive theory that explained the sexual decision-making of high-risk adolescent females...
- A journey in holistic growthJosie A Weiss
Florida Atlantic University, Treasure Coast Campus, FL, USA
J Holist Nurs 23:434-40. 2005..The writings from the women (26) were revised several times before acceptable by all. The final composition is a tribute not only to those women but also to all of us who desire to be more than our usual roles suggest...
- Cognitive dissonance experienced by nurse practitioner facultyHolly B Fontenot
William F Connell School of Nursing, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts 02467, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 24:506-13. 2012..The purpose of this study was to explicate the concept of cognitive dissonance as experienced and reported by nurse practitioner (NP) faculty members...