Affiliation: Florida State University
- The effects of loading and unloading treadmill walking on balance, gait, fall risk, and daily function in ParkinsonismTonya Toole
Department of Nutrition, Food and Exercise Sciences, College of Human Sciences, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 1493, USA
NeuroRehabilitation 20:307-22. 2005....
- Effects of a 12-month pedometer walking program on gait, body mass index, and lower extremity function in obese womenTonya Toole
Department of Nutrition, Food, and Exercise Sciences, Florida State University, Tallahassee, USA
Percept Mot Skills 104:212-20. 2007..The 1-yr. walking program stimulated changes in gait, Body Mass Index, and lower extremity function for these obese women. Ultimately, these changes may reduce the risk of falls for this group of women...
- A comparison of physical functional performance and strength in women with fibromyalgia, age- and weight-matched controls, and older women who are healthyLynn B Panton
Department of Nutrition, Food and Exercise Sciences, College of Human Sciences, Florida State University, 436 Sandels Building, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
Phys Ther 86:1479-88. 2006..The purpose of this study was to compare functionality and strength among women with fibromyalgia (FM), women without FM, and older women...
- Pedometer measurement of physical activity and chronic disease risk factors of obese lower socioeconomic status African American womenLynn B Panton
Department of Nutrition, Food and Exercise Sciences, 436 Sandels Building, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, USA
J Phys Act Health 4:447-58. 2007..To evaluate physical activity with pedometers and health markers of chronic disease in obese, lower socioeconomic African American women...
- The effects of a 12-week strength-training program on strength and functionality in women with fibromyalgiaJ Derek Kingsley
Department of Nutrition, Food and Exercise Sciences, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 86:1713-21. 2005..To determine whether women with fibromyalgia benefit from strength training...
- The effects of balance training and high-intensity resistance training on persons with idiopathic Parkinson's diseaseMark A Hirsch
Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Johns Hopkins University Medical Center, Baltimore, MD, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 84:1109-17. 2003..To assess immediate and near-term effects of 2 exercise training programs for persons with idiopathic Parkinson's disease (IPD)...
- Association between botulinum toxin injection into the arm and changes in gait in adults after strokeMark A Hirsch
Charlotte Institute of Rehabilitation, Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, Charlotte, North Carolina 28203, USA
Mov Disord 20:1014-20. 2005..Injection of BTX into the upper extremity is associated with a change in hemiparetic leg stride-time and ankle and knee ROM. There is a variability of response, with slow striders improving to a greater extent than fast striders...
- Training with verbal instructional cues results in near-term improvement of gait in people with Parkinson diseaseDavid A Lehman
Tennessee State University, Department of Physical Therapy, USA
J Neurol Phys Ther 29:2-8. 2005..To assess immediate and near-term effects of an instructional set on select gait parameters in people living with Parkinson disease (PD)...