Affiliation: Florida Atlantic University
- Nonpharmacological pain management by ethnically diverse older adults with chronic pain: barriers and facilitatorsJuyoung Park
School of Social Work, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
J Gerontol Soc Work 56:487-508. 2013..To resolve the most frequently reported barrier-transportation-social workers can link older adults with transportation services offered by senior centers or other nonprofit agencies. ..
- Chair yoga: benefits for community-dwelling older adults with osteoarthritisJuyoung Park
Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL, USA
J Gerontol Nurs 38:12-22; quiz 24-5. 2012..Future research planned by this team will use rigorous study methods, including larger samples, randomized controlled trials, and follow up for monitoring home practice after the interventions...
- Nonpharmacological approaches to the management of chronic pain in community-dwelling older adults: a review of empirical evidenceJuyoung Park
School of Social Work, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida 33431, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:555-68. 2012..Future intervention studies of nonpharmacological pain therapies may require larger sample sizes, control for comorbidities, and long-term follow-up...
- Risk factors associated with opioid medication misuse in community-dwelling older adults with chronic painJuyoung Park
Florida Atlantic University School of Social Work, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Clin J Pain 26:647-55. 2010..The aim of the study was to identify physical, psychological, and social risk factors associated with opioid medication misuse among community-dwelling older adults with chronic pain...
- Factor structure of pain medication questionnaire in community-dwelling older adults with chronic painJuyoung Park
Florida Atlantic University School of Social Work, Boca Raton, Florida 33341, USA
Pain Pract 11:314-24. 2011..Exploratory factor analysis (EFA) was conducted to assess the factor structure of the PMQ, to eliminate items that are not appropriate for this population, and to improve ease of administration in the elderly population...
- Managing osteoarthritis: comparisons of chair yoga, Reiki, and education (pilot study)Juyoung Park
School of Social Work, The Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Holist Nurs Pract 25:316-26. 2011..In focus group interviews, participants expressed feelings of improved health and well-being after the yoga intervention. The major limitation of this study was the small sample size...
- Chronic pain management by ethnically and racially diverse older adults: pharmacological and nonpharmacological pain therapiesJuyoung Park
Florida Atlantic University School of Social Work, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Pain Manag 3:435-54. 2013..Non-Hispanic whites were more likely to use physical interventions such as massage and chiropractic treatment. Conclusion: Study findings suggest differences by ethnicity in preferred pain interventions for an older adult population. ..