Shannon A Miller
Affiliation: Florida Hospital
- Sitagliptin: a dipeptidyl peptidase IV inhibitor for the treatment of type 2 diabetesShannon Miller
Pharmacotherapy Faculty, Florida Hospital Family Practice Residency, Orlando, 32822, USA
Ann Pharmacother 40:1336-43. 2006..To review the pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, safety, and efficacy of sitagliptin, a dipeptidyl peptidase IV (DPP-IV) inhibitor in the management of type 2 diabetes mellitus...
- Angiotensin II vaccine: a novel approach in the treatment of hypertensionShannon A Miller
Pharmacotherapy Faculty, Florida Hospital East Family Practice Residency, Orlando Campus, 7975 Lake Underhill Road, Suite 200, Orlando, Florida 32822, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 8:1669-73. 2008..An ideal regimen would be a few subcutaneous injections per year, which in turn could vastly improve adherence and subsequent outcomes...
- Otelixizumab: a novel agent for the prevention of type 1 diabetes mellitusShannon A Miller
Florida Hospital East, Pharmacotherapy Faculty, Family Practice Residency, Family Health Center East, 7975 Lake Underhill Road, Suite 200, Orlando, FL 32822, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 11:1525-32. 2011..Adverse effects were significant but transient. Otelixizumab shows great promise but leaves room for improvement. Results of ongoing trials will help define its role in the prevention of T1DM...
- Albiglutide: a new GLP-1 analog for the treatment of type 2 diabetesErin L St Onge
University of Florida College of Pharmacy, Orlando Campus, 2725 S Binion Rd, Apopka, FL 32703 8504, USA
Expert Opin Biol Ther 10:801-6. 2010..This new class of medications provides the benefits of weight loss as well as a lack of hypoglycemia. However, the currently available agents require once or twice daily injections...
- Sitagliptin as combination therapy in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitusShannon A Miller
Pharmacotherapy Faculty, Florida Hospital East Family Practice Residency, Orlando, Florida, USA
Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 2:23-30. 2009..It has also been shown to be highly tolerable, efficacious and with little risk of hypoglycemia. This review will focus on combination therapy with sitagliptin with emphasis on combination with metformin...