- Examining the dynamic association of BMI and mortality in the Framingham Heart StudyJianghua He
Department of Biostatistics, University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS 66160, USA
Int J Environ Res Public Health 6:3115-26. 2009..Our analysis suggests that the dynamic property may explain part of the heterogeneity observed in the literature about the association of BMI and mortality...
- Body mass index and mortality: a meta-analysis based on person-level data from twenty-six observational studiesDaniel L McGee
Department of Statistics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 4330, USA
Ann Epidemiol 15:87-97. 2005..For this report, we examined the relationships between the conditions of being overweight and obese and mortality from all causes, heart disease, cardiovascular disease, and cancer...
- The relationship of physical activity and body weight with all-cause mortality: results from the Puerto Rico Heart Health ProgramCarlos J Crespo
Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, State University of New York, Buffalo, NY 14214, USA
Ann Epidemiol 12:543-52. 2002..To study the relationship of physical activity and obesity with all-cause mortality in Puerto Rican Men...
- Sex differences in risk for coronary heart disease mortality associated with diabetes and established coronary heart diseaseSundar Natarajan
Ralph H Johnson Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Charleston, SC, USA
Arch Intern Med 163:1735-40. 2003..The sex-specific independent effect of diabetes mellitus and established coronary heart disease (CHD) on subsequent CHD mortality is not known...
- Sex differences in the effect of diabetes duration on coronary heart disease mortalitySundar Natarajan
Section of Primary Care, Veterans Affairs New York Harbor Healthcare System and New York University School of Medicine, New York
Arch Intern Med 165:430-5. 2005..It is not known whether the coronary heart disease (CHD) mortality risk associated with recent (RDM; <10 years) or long-standing diabetes mellitus (LDM; > or =10 years) varies by sex...
- MULTIVARIATE RISK OF CVD IN DIVERSE POPULATIONSDaniel McGee; Fiscal Year: 2002..We will conduct an empirical examination of methods for adding newly discovered risk factors to existing prediction equations. ..
- BMI AND MORTALITY IN DIVERSE POPULATIONSDaniel McGee; Fiscal Year: 2003..We will apply uniform methodologies to these divers datasets to attempt to eliminate or explain the inconsistencies that appear in the literature concerning these questions involving BMI. ..