William C Livingood
Affiliation: Florida Marine Research Institute
- Policy implications for local application of the 2009 Youth Risk Behavior Survey, Duval County, FloridaWilliam C Livingood
Duval County Health Department, 900 N University Blvd, Jacksonville, FL 32211, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 9:E92. 2012..Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) data have rarely been analyzed at the subcounty level. The purpose of this study was to explore the feasibility of such analysis and its potential to inform local policy and resource allocation...
- Impact study of tobacco possession law enforcement in FloridaW C Livingood
Duval County Health Department, Jacksonville, Florida, USA
Health Educ Behav 28:733-48. 2001....
- Assessing the status of partnerships between academic institutions and public health agenciesWilliam C Livingood
Duval County Health Department, Institute for Health, Policy and Evaluation Research, Jacksonville, Fla 32211, USA
Am J Public Health 97:659-66. 2007..Recommendations focus on the need for a multitiered system for recognition of the partnerships and expansion of federal support for partnership beyond existing approaches...
- Using multiple sources of data to assess the prevalence of diabetes at the subcounty level, Duval County, Florida, 2007William C Livingood
Duval County Health Department and University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, FL 32211, USA
Prev Chronic Dis 7:A108. 2010..Diabetes death rates during the past 15 years in Duval County, Florida, have been disproportionately high compared with the rest of the state...
- A community-centered model of the academic health department and implications for assessmentWilliam C Livingood
Institute for Health, Policy and Evaluation Research, Duval County Health Department, Jacksonville, Florida 32211, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 13:662-9. 2007....
- Implementation of possession laws and the social ecology of tobacco controlWilliam C Livingood
Institute for Health, Policy and Evaluation Research, Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Jacksonville, FL, USA
Health Educ Behav 36:214-29. 2009....
- A longitudinal study of a pediatric practice-based versus an agency-based model of care coordination for children and youth with special health care needsDavid Wood
Department of Pediatrics, University of Florida, Jacksonville, FL 32209, USA
Matern Child Health J 13:667-76. 2009..No studies have prospectively compared a practice-based care coordination model to a Title V agency-based care coordination model...
- Impact of pre-conception health care: evaluation of a social determinants focused interventionWilliam C Livingood
Institute for Health, Policy and Evaluation Research, Duval County Health Department, 900 University Blvd North, Suite 604, Jacksonville, FL 32211, USA
Matern Child Health J 14:382-91. 2010..Additional research should be conducted to refine replicable social determinant focused interventions and confirm and generalize these results...
- A quality improvement evaluation case study: impact on public health outcomes and agency cultureWilliam C Livingood
Center for Health Equity and Quality Research, University of Florida College of Medicine Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32209, USA
Am J Prev Med 44:445-52. 2013..However, there is a paucity of evidence documenting the value of QI to public health agencies and services...
- Crosswalking public health and health education competencies: implications for professional preparation and practiceLynn D Woodhouse
Jiann Ping Hsu College of Public Health, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro, GA 30460, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 16:E20-8. 2010....
- Revenue sources for essential services in Florida: findings and implications for organizing and funding public healthWilliam C Livingood
University of Florida College of Medicine Jacksonville, Jacksonville, FL 32209, USA
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:371-8. 2013..The Florida Public Health Practice-Based Research Network conducted the study of Florida county health departments (CHDs) to assess relationships between self-assessed performance on essential services (ESs) and sources of funding...
- Applied social and behavioral science to address complex health problemsWilliam C Livingood
Duval County Health Department Institute for Public Health Informatics and Research, University of Florida College of Medicine, Jacksonville, USA
Am J Prev Med 41:525-31. 2011..Also needed is a modification of health-related education to ensure that those entering the disciplines develop instincts and capacities as applied scientists...
- Evaluating Medical Home constructs for children with special needs: integrating theory and logic modelsWilliam C Livingood
Institute for Health, Policy and Evaluation Research, Duval County Health Department, Jacksonville, FL 32211, USA
Fam Community Health 30:E1-15. 2007..This application provides a historical basis for applying logic models of evaluation and illustrates the utility of logic models...
- Survey of accredited master of public health (MPH) programs with health education concentrations: a resource for strengthening the public health workforceLynn D Woodhouse
East Stroudsburg University, Pennsylvania, USA
Health Promot Pract 7:258-65. 2006....