Genomes and Genes
Theodor E Haerry
Affiliation: Florida Atlantic University
- TGF-beta signaling activates steroid hormone receptor expression during neuronal remodeling in the Drosophila brainXiaoyan Zheng
Department of Cell and Structural Biology, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL 61801, USA
Cell 112:303-15. 2003..We conclude that the Drosophila Activin signaling pathway mediates neuronal remodeling in part by regulating EcR-B1 expression...
- Isolation of Drosophila activin and follistatin cDNAs using novel MACH amplification protocolsTheodor E Haerry
Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, University of Minnesota, 6 160 Jackson Hall, 321 Church Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Gene 291:85-93. 2002..Our protocols were used to isolate cDNAs for the Drosophila activin and follistatin genes...
- The interaction between two TGF-beta type I receptors plays important roles in ligand binding, SMAD activation, and gradient formationTheodor E Haerry
Florida Atlantic University, Center for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Mech Dev 127:358-70. 2010....
- Distinct signaling of Drosophila Activin/TGF-beta family membersScott C Gesualdi
Department of Biological Sciences, Center for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida 33431, USA
Fly (Austin) 1:212-21. 2007..The distinct signaling of dACT, DAW and MYO through BABO suggests the existence of co-receptors that modulate the canonical SMAD pathway...
- Drosophila Follistatin exhibits unique structural modifications and interacts with several TGF-beta family membersDaniela Bickel
Department of Biological Sciences, Center for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Florida Atlantic University, 777 Glades Road, Boca Raton, FL 33431, USA
Mech Dev 125:117-29. 2008..We find that mutants of daw are rescued in significant numbers by expression of vertebrate FS proteins. Since two PiggyBac insertions in dfs are not lethal, it appears that the function of dFS is non-essential or functionally redundant...
- The Drosophila BMP type II receptor Wishful Thinking regulates neuromuscular synapse morphology and functionGuillermo Marques
The Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, MN 55455, USA
Neuron 33:529-43. 2002..These results reveal a novel role for BMP signaling in regulating Drosophila neuromuscular junction synapse assembly and activity and may indicate that similar pathways could govern vertebrate synapse development...
- The Drosophila mitochondrial translation elongation factor G1 contains a nuclear localization signal and inhibits growth and DPP signalingCatherine Trivigno
Center for Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton, Florida, United States of America
PLoS ONE 6:e16799. 2011..Our results are consistent with a model where EF-G1 acts as a retrograde signal from mitochondria to the nucleus to slow down cell proliferation if mitochondrial energy output is low...
- Analysis of anti-growth properties of processed Follistatin proteinsTHEODOR HAERRY; Fiscal Year: 2007..The final goal of the proposed work is to engineering modified FS proteins with greater anti-growth properties that could be used to combat cancers caused by mutations in TGF-b signaling components. [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..
- Characterization of a novel TGF-beta signaling componentTHEODOR HAERRY; Fiscal Year: 2004..This project has great potential to contribute new insights into the mechanism of TGF-Beta signaling and our understanding of the development of certain cancers. It may also provide a new target to combat these diseases. ..