CAROL M CONNOR
Affiliation: Florida State University
- The early years. Algorithm-guided individualized reading instructionCarol McDonald Connor
Florida Center for Reading Research, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32301, USA
Science 315:464-5. 2007
- Examining multiple sources of influence on the reading comprehension skills of children who use cochlear implantsCarol McDonald Connor
Departmen of Psychology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, 48109, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 47:509-26. 2004..Research and educational implications are discussed...
- Examining the communication skills of a young cochlear implant pioneerCarol McDonald Connor
Florida State University, College of Education and the Florida Center for Reading Research, 227 N Bronough Street, Suite 7250, Tallahassee, FL 32301, USA
J Deaf Stud Deaf Educ 11:449-60. 2006..The results of this study indicate that we may learn more about how to support children who use cochlear implants by examining what they are saying as well as how they are saying it...
- African American preschoolers' language, emergent literacy skills, and use of African American English: a complex relationCarol McDonald Connor
Florida State University, Tallahassee, USA
J Speech Lang Hear Res 49:771-92. 2006....
- The age at which young deaf children receive cochlear implants and their vocabulary and speech-production growth: is there an added value for early implantation?Carol McDonald Connor
Florida State University and the Florida Center for Reading Research, Tallahassee, FL 32301, USA
Ear Hear 27:628-44. 2006..In this study, we investigate whether there is an added value to earlier implantation or whether advantages observed in child outcomes are primarily attributable to longer device use at any given age...
- Individualizing student instruction precisely: effects of Child x Instruction interactions on first graders' literacy developmentCarol McDonald Connor
Florida State University, FL, USA
Child Dev 80:77-100. 2009..Importantly, the more precisely the children received recommended amounts of instruction, the stronger was their literacy skill growth. Results provide strong evidence of Child x Instruction interaction effects on literacy outcomes...
- Examining the core: relations among reading curricula, poverty, and first through third grade reading achievementElizabeth Coyne Crowe
Florida Center for Reading Research, 227 N Bronough Street, Suite 7250, Tallahasee, FL 32301, USA
J Sch Psychol 47:187-214. 2009..Differences by grade level and SES were also detected. However, many of these differences were small. Implications for the use of curriculum as a conduit for improving reading instruction are discussed...
- The componential model of reading: predicting first grade reading performance of culturally diverse students from ecological, psychological, and cognitive factors assessed at kindergarten entryMiriam Ortiz
Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, USA
J Learn Disabil 45:406-17. 2012..The findings largely support the CMR model as a means to understand individual differences in reading acquisition and, in turn, to support data-based instructional decisions for a wider range of children...
- First graders' literacy and self-regulation gains: The effect of individualizing student instructionCarol McDonald Connor
Florida State University, Florida Center for Reading Research, USA
J Sch Psychol 48:433-55. 2010..The ISI effect on self-regulation was greater when the intervention was more fully implemented...
- Current state of knowledge: language and literacy of children with hearing impairmentMary Pat Moeller
Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha, Nebraska 68131, USA
Ear Hear 28:740-53. 2007..It is followed by a discussion of existing evidence on reading and writing, and highlights key constructs that need to be addressed for a comprehensive understanding of literacy in these children...
- Links between behavioral regulation and preschoolers' literacy, vocabulary, and math skillsMegan M McClelland
Department of Human Development and Family Sciences, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331, USA
Dev Psychol 43:947-59. 2007..05), after controlling for site, child gender, and other background variables. Discussion focuses on the role of behavioral regulation in early academic achievement and preparedness for kindergarten...
- Child-Instruction Interactions Causal Effects on ReadingCarol Connor; Fiscal Year: 2007..Moreover, this investigation will help to elucidate the causal links between instruction and children's oral language and reading growth. ..
- Child-Instruction Interactions Causal Effects on ReadingCarol Connor; Fiscal Year: 2009..Moreover, this investigation will help to elucidate the causal links between instruction and children's oral language and reading growth. ..
- Child-Instruction Interactions Causal Effects on ReadingCAROL M CONNOR; Fiscal Year: 2010..Moreover, this investigation will help to elucidate the causal links between instruction and children's oral language and reading growth. ..