Carlos A Bolanos
Affiliation: Florida State University
- Phospholipase C gamma in distinct regions of the ventral tegmental area differentially regulates morphine-induced locomotor activityCarlos A Bolanos
Department of Psychology and Program in Neuroscience, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306 1270, USA
Synapse 56:166-9. 2005..Using a behavioral sensitization paradigm, we demonstrate that microinjections of PLC gamma 1 into distinct (rostral vs. caudal) regions of the VTA result in differential locomotor responses to morphine...
- Antidepressant treatment can normalize adult behavioral deficits induced by early-life exposure to methylphenidateCarlos A Bolanos
Department of Psychology and Program in Neuroscience, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 4301, USA
Biol Psychiatry 63:309-16. 2008..We examined the ability of fluoxetine (FLX), a selective serotonin reuptake blocker, to normalize these MPH-induced behavioral deficits...
- Regulation of drug reward by cAMP response element-binding protein: evidence for two functionally distinct subregions of the ventral tegmental areaValerie G Olson
Department of Psychiatry and Center for Basic Neuroscience, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9070, USA
J Neurosci 25:5553-62. 2005..These results suggest a novel role for CREB in mediating drug-induced plasticity in the VTA and establish two functionally distinct subregions of the VTA in which CREB differentially regulates drug reward...
- Essential role of BDNF in the mesolimbic dopamine pathway in social defeat stressOlivier Berton
Department of Psychiatry and Center for Basic Neuroscience, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75390 9070, USA
Science 311:864-8. 2006..These results establish an essential role for BDNF in mediating long-term neural and behavioral plasticity in response to aversive social experiences...
- IRS2-Akt pathway in midbrain dopamine neurons regulates behavioral and cellular responses to opiatesScott J Russo
Department of Psychiatry and Center for Basic Neuroscience, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 9070, USA
Nat Neurosci 10:93-9. 2007..These findings directly implicate the IRS2-Akt signaling pathway as a critical regulator of dopamine cell morphology and opiate reward...
- An essential role for DeltaFosB in the nucleus accumbens in morphine actionVenetia Zachariou
Department of Psychiatry and Center for Basic Neuroscience, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, 5323 Harry Hines Boulevard, Dallas, Texas 75390 9070, USA
Nat Neurosci 9:205-11. 2006..Together, these experiments demonstrated that DeltaFosB in the NAc, partly through the repression of dynorphin expression, mediates several major features of opiate addiction...
- Adolescent Antidepressant Treatment and Drug RewardCARLOS BOLANOS; Fiscal Year: 2005..Data obtained from these experiments will improve our understanding of how psychotropics drugs affect developing brain resulting in neural adaptations to influence behavior later in life, especially vulnerability to drugs of abuse. ..
- Ontogeny of Drug Exposure and Mood Dysregulation.Carlos A Bolanos; Fiscal Year: 2010....