Richard E Fitzpatrick
- Double-blind, half-face study comparing topical vitamin C and vehicle for rejuvenation of photodamageRichard E Fitzpatrick
Dermatology Associates of San Diego County, Inc 92024, USA
Dermatol Surg 28:231-6. 2002..Non-invasive treatments are in high demand, and our knowledge of mechanisms of photodamage to skin, protection of the skin, and repair of photodamage are becoming more sophisticated and complex...
- Multicenter study of noninvasive radiofrequency for periorbital tissue tighteningRichard Fitzpatrick
Dermatology Associates, 477 N El Camino Real, B 303, Encinitas, CA 92024, USA
Lasers Surg Med 33:232-42. 2003..This 6-month study evaluated the efficacy and safety of treatment with a nonablative radiofrequency (RF) device...
- Endogenous growth factors as cosmeceuticalsRichard E Fitzpatrick
University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Dermatol Surg 31:827-31; discussion 831. 2005..In wound healing, growth factors accumulate at the wound site and interact synergistically to initiate and coordinate wound healing...
- Treatment of basal cell carcinoma with the pulsed carbon dioxide laser: a retrospective analysisShilesh Iyer
Dermatology Associates of San Diego County, Skin and Laser Surgery Center of La Jolla, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Dermatol Surg 30:1214-8. 2004..CONCLUSIONS: Destruction of superficial and nodular basal cell carcinomas may be accomplished successfully and safely with the UltraPulse CO(2) laser with a cure rate of 97%...
- Optimizing wound healing in the face after laser abrasionMitchel P Goldman
Dermatology Associates of San Diego County, Inc, 9850 Genesee Ave Suite 480, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 46:399-407. 2002..Laser resurfacing is a popular procedure to improve the physical signs of photoaging. In addition to improvements in treatment modalities, optimizing posttreatment regimens will enhance patient care...
- Diamond laser scalpel vs. steel scalpel: a side by side comparison of cutaneous wound healingDouglas M Keel
Department of Dermatology, Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Lasers Surg Med 31:41-4. 2002..CONCLUSIONS: The cosmetic outcomes of cutaneous excisions performed with the diamond laser scalpel are equivalent to excisions performed with steel scalpels with electrocoagulation for hemostasis...
- Maximizing benefits and minimizing risk with CO2 laser resurfacingRichard E Fitzpatrick
Dermatology Associates of San Diego, Inc, Division of Dermatology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Dermatol Clin 20:77-86. 2002..With continued research and advances in laser surgery, cutaneous resurfacing will be further enhanced with improved outcomes and lessened morbidity...
- Full face laser resurfacing: therapy and prophylaxis for actinic keratoses and non-melanoma skin cancerShilesh Iyer
Skin and Laser Surgery Center of La Jolla, Dermatology Associates of San Diego County, Inc, San Diego, California, USA
Lasers Surg Med 34:114-9. 2004..aureus infection in two patients, and dyschromia in two patients. CONCLUSIONS: Full face laser resurfacing provides long-term effective prophylaxis against AKs and may reduce the incidence of AK related squamous cell carcinoma...
- Long-pulsed dye laser treatment for facial telangiectasias and erythema: evaluation of a single purpuric pass versus multiple subpurpuric passesShilesh Iyer
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Dermatol Surg 31:898-903. 2005....