Richard E Fitzpatrick
- Double-blind, half-face study comparing topical vitamin C and vehicle for rejuvenation of photodamageRichard E Fitzpatrick
Dermatology Associates of San Diego County, Inc 92024, USA
Dermatol Surg 28:231-6. 2002..Non-invasive treatments are in high demand, and our knowledge of mechanisms of photodamage to skin, protection of the skin, and repair of photodamage are becoming more sophisticated and complex...
- Multicenter study of noninvasive radiofrequency for periorbital tissue tighteningRichard Fitzpatrick
Dermatology Associates, 477 N El Camino Real, B 303, Encinitas, CA 92024, USA
Lasers Surg Med 33:232-42. 2003..This 6-month study evaluated the efficacy and safety of treatment with a nonablative radiofrequency (RF) device...
- Endogenous growth factors as cosmeceuticalsRichard E Fitzpatrick
University of California, San Diego, CA, USA
Dermatol Surg 31:827-31; discussion 831. 2005..In wound healing, growth factors accumulate at the wound site and interact synergistically to initiate and coordinate wound healing...
- Treatment of basal cell carcinoma with the pulsed carbon dioxide laser: a retrospective analysisShilesh Iyer
Dermatology Associates of San Diego County, Skin and Laser Surgery Center of La Jolla, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
Dermatol Surg 30:1214-8. 2004..may present an attractive and effective treatment option in the management of these cutaneous cancers. We demonstrate the efficacy and safety of the UltraPulse CO(2) in the treatment of basal cell carcinomas of the skin...
- Optimizing wound healing in the face after laser abrasionMitchel P Goldman
Dermatology Associates of San Diego County, Inc, 9850 Genesee Ave Suite 480, La Jolla, CA 92037, USA
J Am Acad Dermatol 46:399-407. 2002..Laser resurfacing is a popular procedure to improve the physical signs of photoaging. In addition to improvements in treatment modalities, optimizing posttreatment regimens will enhance patient care...
- Diamond laser scalpel vs. steel scalpel: a side by side comparison of cutaneous wound healingDouglas M Keel
Department of Dermatology, Naval Medical Center San Diego, San Diego, CA, USA
Lasers Surg Med 31:41-4. 2002..To compare the cutaneous wound healing using the diamond laser scalpel with wound healing using a steel scalpel and electrocoagulation for hemostasis...
- Maximizing benefits and minimizing risk with CO2 laser resurfacingRichard E Fitzpatrick
Dermatology Associates of San Diego, Inc, Division of Dermatology, University of California San Diego, San Diego, California, USA
Dermatol Clin 20:77-86. 2002..With continued research and advances in laser surgery, cutaneous resurfacing will be further enhanced with improved outcomes and lessened morbidity...
- Full face laser resurfacing: therapy and prophylaxis for actinic keratoses and non-melanoma skin cancerShilesh Iyer
Skin and Laser Surgery Center of La Jolla, Dermatology Associates of San Diego County, Inc, San Diego, California, USA
Lasers Surg Med 34:114-9. 2004..Full face laser resurfacing offers an effective and efficient treatment option that successfully reduces the number of AK's on diffusely damaged skin and may show a prophylactic benefit for preventing non-melanoma skin cancers...
- Long-pulsed dye laser treatment for facial telangiectasias and erythema: evaluation of a single purpuric pass versus multiple subpurpuric passesShilesh Iyer
University of California, Los Angeles, CA, USA
Dermatol Surg 31:898-903. 2005..We performed a split-face bilateral paired comparison of multiple low-fluence subpurpuric passes compared with a single high-fluence purpuric pass in the treatment of facial telangiectasias...