Katie B Biello
Affiliation: Fenway Community Health
- Epidemiology of Sexual Health in the Virtual Environment: A Multinational Online Survey of Spanish- and Portuguese-Speaking Men who use an Internet Sexual Networking SiteKatie B Biello
Department of Epidemiology, Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
AIDS Behav 18:1675-85. 2014..15, d.f. = 21, p < .001) and HIV diagnosis (OR = 2.20, t = 14.00, d.f. = 21, p < .001). Online surveys are a promising tool for HIV/STI surveillance and prevention internationally to reach an important subset of MSM. ..
- The syndemic condition of psychosocial problems and HIV risk among male sex workers in Ho Chi Minh City, VietnamKatie B Biello
Harvard School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
AIDS Behav 18:1264-71. 2014..Understanding the syndemic condition and its association with HIV risk among male sex workers in Vietnam may lead to the development of more effective, comprehensive interventions...
- Racial differences in age at first sexual intercourse: residential racial segregation and the black-white disparity among U.S. adolescentsKatie Brooks Biello
The Fenway Institute, Fenway Health, Boston, MA 02215, USA
Public Health Rep 128:23-32. 2013..Individual- and family-level factors do not fully explain this disparity. We examined whether five dimensions of black-white residential racial segregation can help explain the racial disparity in age at first sexual intercourse...
- Residential racial segregation and racial differences in sexual behaviours: an 11-year longitudinal study of sexual risk of adolescents transitioning to adulthoodKatie Brooks Biello
Fenway Institute, Fenway Health, Boston, Massachusetts, USA
J Epidemiol Community Health 67:28-34. 2013..The purpose of this study was to examine how segregation and race interact to impact the age trajectory of sexual risk behaviours...
- Racial residential segregation and rates of gonorrhea in the United States, 2003-2007Katie B Biello
Yale School of Public Health and Center for Interdisciplinary Research on AIDS, Yale University, New Haven, CT, USA
Am J Public Health 102:1370-7. 2012..We explored the association of racial residential segregation with gonorrhea rates among Black persons and hypothesized that specific dimensions of segregation would be associated with gonorrhea rates...
- Suboptimal awareness and comprehension of published preexposure prophylaxis efficacy results among physicians in MassachusettsMatthew J Mimiaga
a Department of Psychiatry, Harvard Medical School Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
AIDS Care 26:684-93. 2014..Future studies to develop and test interventions aimed at health-care providers should be prioritized to optimize implementation of PrEP in clinical settings...