Affiliation: Family Health International
- Excluding pregnancy among women initiating antiretroviral therapy: efficacy of a family planning job aidKwasi Torpey
Family Health International Zambia Plot 2055 Nasser Road, Lusaka, Zambia
BMC Public Health 10:249. 2010..This study was conducted to assess the clinical performance of a job aid to exclude pregnancy among HIV positive women initiating ART...
- Reducing pediatric HIV infection: estimating mother-to-child transmission rates in a program setting in ZambiaKwasi Torpey
Technical Support Department, Family Health International Zambia Prevention Care and Treatment Partnership, Lusaka, Zambia
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 54:415-22. 2010..In this study, we estimate HIV vertical transmission rates at different age bands among perinatally exposed children...
- Infant feeding options, other nonchemoprophylactic factors, and mother-to-child transmission of HIV in ZambiaKwasi Torpey
1Family Health International Zambia Prevention Care and Treatment Partnership, Lusaka, Zambia
J Int Assoc Physicians AIDS Care (Chic) 11:26-33. 2012..The objective of this study is to explore how nonchemoprophylactic factors, including infant feeding practices, mother's HIV status disclosure, mode and place of delivery, infant gender, and maternal age, are related to MTCT...
- Increasing the uptake of prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV services in a resource-limited settingKwasi Torpey
Family Health International Zambia Prevention, CARE, and Treatment Partnership, Lusaka, Zambia
BMC Health Serv Res 10:29. 2010..This study sought to review uptake of prevention of mother-to-child (PMTCT) services in a resource-limited setting following the introduction of context-specific interventions...
- Prevention of mother-to-child transmission of HIV in Zambia: implementing efficacious ARV regimens in primary health centersJustin Mandala
Family Health International FHI, Public Health Programs, 4401 Wilson Blvd, Suite 700, Arlington, VA 22203, USA
BMC Public Health 9:314. 2009..This paper reports on implementation of and factors associated with efficacious ARV regimens among HIV-positive pregnant women attending antenatal clinics in primary health centers (PHCs) in Zambia...
- From project aid to sustainable HIV services: a case study from ZambiaKwasi Torpey
Family Health International Zambia Prevention, Care and Treatment Partnership, Lusaka, Zambia
J Int AIDS Soc 13:19. 2010..Sustainable strategies must be built into project design and implementation to enable HIV efforts to continue long after donor-supported projects are completed...
- Costs of HIV/AIDS outpatient services delivered through Zambian public health facilitiesJohn H Bratt
FHI, Durham, NC, USA FHI ZPCT, Lusaka, Zambia
Trop Med Int Health 16:110-8. 2011....
- Task-shifting HIV counselling and testing services in Zambia: the role of lay counsellorsParsa Sanjana
Family Health International Zambia Prevention Care and Treatment Partnership, Lusaka, Zambia
Hum Resour Health 7:44. 2009....