Affiliation: Family Health International
- Fear, hope and social desirability bias among women at high risk for HIV in West AfricaGreg Guest
Family Health International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
J Fam Plann Reprod Health Care 31:285-7. 2005..Social desirability bias (SDB) is one of the key factors identified as affecting self-report accuracy...
- Factors affecting vasectomy acceptability in TanzaniaArwen Bunce
Family Health International, Research Triangle Park, NC, USA
Int Fam Plan Perspect 33:13-21. 2007..Vasectomy is a safe, simple and effective method of contraception, but is underused worldwide...
- Changes in sexual behavior during a safety and feasibility trial of a microbicide/diaphragm combination: an integrated qualitative and quantitative analysisGreg Guest
Family Health International, Durham, NC 27713, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 19:310-20. 2007..Data suggest this is because of increased partner involvement, increased negotiating power afforded by study participation, and provision of free condoms perceived to be of high quality...
- Changes in sexual risk behavior among participants in a PrEP HIV prevention trialGreg Guest
Division of Behavioral and Biomedical Research, Family Health International, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Sex Transm Dis 35:1002-8. 2008..The oral tenofovir HIV prevention trial has been the subject of international discussion in this regard...
- Acceptability of PrEP for HIV prevention among women at high risk for HIVGreg Guest
Family Health International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 19:791-8. 2010..To assess the acceptability of a daily pill for prevention of HIV acquisition among 400 Ghanaian women in the oral tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (TDF) clinical trial...
- A framework for examining the sustained acceptability of microbicidesLawrence J Severy
Behavioral and Social Sciences, Family Health International, Research Triangle Park, North Carolina 27709, USA
AIDS Behav 9:121-31. 2005..The importance of the cultural context within various international settings pervades all of these issues. Finally, a set of challenges is discussed for those contemplating such research...
- Encouraging contraceptive uptake by motivating men to communicate about family planning: the Malawi Male Motivator projectDominick Shattuck
Family Health International, PO Box 13950, Research Triangle Park, NC 27709, USA
Am J Public Health 101:1089-95. 2011..We examined the effect of a peer-delivered educational intervention, the Malawi Male Motivator intervention, on couples' contraceptive uptake. We based the intervention design on the information-motivation-behavioral skills (IMB) model...