Judd S Day
Affiliation: Exponent Inc
- Polyethylene wear in retrieved reverse total shoulder componentsJudd S Day
Implant Research Center, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science, and Health Systems, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 21:667-74. 2012..The purpose of this study was to evaluate polyethylene wear patterns in 7 specimens retrieved at revision arthroplasty and identify factors that may be associated with increased wear...
- Prevalence and projections of total shoulder and elbow arthroplasty in the United States to 2015Judd S Day
Biomechanics Practice, Exponent Inc, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 19:1115-20. 2010....
- Role of surgical position on interface stress and initial bone remodeling stimulus around hip resurfacing arthroplastyKevin L Ong
Exponent, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Arthroplasty 24:1137-42. 2009..These data show bone loading and interface fixation trends emanating from valgus and varus implant positions that will be of interest to practicing physicians...
- Do dynamic cement-on-cement knee spacers provide better function and activity during two-stage exchange?David J Jaekel
Implant Research Center, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science, and Heath Systems, Drexel University, 3401 Market Street, Suite 300, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:2599-604. 2012..However, their direct impact on patient mobility and wear damage while implanted remains poorly understood...
- Biomechanical comparison of 2 proximally coated femoral stems: effects of stem length and surface finishKevin L Ong
Biomechanics Practice, Exponent, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Arthroplasty 24:819-24. 2009..Increased pain incidence for short-stem patients may be related to decreased implant instability and increased interface relative motion...
- Lumbar total disc replacement impingement sensitivity to disc height distraction, spinal sagittal orientation, implant position, and implant lordosisSteven A Rundell
Armstrong Forensic Engineers, Milford, MI 48381, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:E590-8. 2012..The models were implanted with a mobile-bearing TDR and exposed to simulated sagittally balanced erect posture...