Judd S Day
Affiliation: Exponent Inc
- Characterization of wear debris in total elbow arthroplastyJudd S Day
Implant Research Center, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science, and Health Systems, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 22:924-31. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate wear debris in periprosthetic tissues at the time of revision total elbow arthroplasty. Polyethylene, metallic, and bone cement debris were characterized, and the tissue response was quantified...
- Polyethylene wear in retrieved reverse total shoulder componentsJudd S Day
Implant Research Center, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science, and Health Systems, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 21:667-74. 2012..The purpose of this study was to evaluate polyethylene wear patterns in 7 specimens retrieved at revision arthroplasty and identify factors that may be associated with increased wear...
- Prevalence and projections of total shoulder and elbow arthroplasty in the United States to 2015Judd S Day
Biomechanics Practice, Exponent Inc, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 19:1115-20. 2010....
- Role of surgical position on interface stress and initial bone remodeling stimulus around hip resurfacing arthroplastyKevin L Ong
Exponent, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Arthroplasty 24:1137-42. 2009..These data show bone loading and interface fixation trends emanating from valgus and varus implant positions that will be of interest to practicing physicians...
- Do dynamic cement-on-cement knee spacers provide better function and activity during two-stage exchange?David J Jaekel
Implant Research Center, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science, and Heath Systems, Drexel University, 3401 Market Street, Suite 300, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:2599-604. 2012..However, their direct impact on patient mobility and wear damage while implanted remains poorly understood...
- Biomechanical comparison of 2 proximally coated femoral stems: effects of stem length and surface finishKevin L Ong
Biomechanics Practice, Exponent, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Arthroplasty 24:819-24. 2009..Increased pain incidence for short-stem patients may be related to decreased implant instability and increased interface relative motion...
- Lumbar total disc replacement impingement sensitivity to disc height distraction, spinal sagittal orientation, implant position, and implant lordosisSteven A Rundell
Armstrong Forensic Engineers, Milford, MI 48381, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:E590-8. 2012..The models were implanted with a mobile-bearing TDR and exposed to simulated sagittally balanced erect posture...