Suzanne M O'Neill
Affiliation: Evanston Northwestern Healthcare
- Referral to cancer genetic counseling: are there stages of readiness?Suzanne M O'Neill
Center for Medical Genetics, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, 1000 Central Street, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 142:221-31. 2006..Theoretical frameworks are needed to study adherence to referral for cancer genetic counseling. Stage-based theories may have a role to play...
- Clinical utility of family history for cancer screening and referral in primary care: a report from the Family Healthware Impact TrialWendy S Rubinstein
Department of Medicine, Division of Genetics, NorthShore University Healthsystem, Evanston, Illinois 60201, USA
Genet Med 13:956-65. 2011..To assess the effectiveness of computerized familial risk assessment and tailored messages for identifying individuals for targeted cancer prevention strategies and motivating behavior change...
- Familial risk for common diseases in primary care: the Family Healthware Impact TrialSuzanne M O'Neill
Center for Medical Genetics, NorthShore University HealthSystem formerly Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Evanston, Illinois, USA
Am J Prev Med 36:506-14. 2009..Family history is a risk factor for many common chronic diseases, yet it remains underutilized in primary care practice...
- Mathematical modeling for breast cancer risk assessment. State of the art and role in medicineWendy S Rubinstein
Center for Medical Genetics, Evanston Northwestern Healthcare, Illinois 60201, USA
Oncology (Williston Park) 16:1082-94; discussion 1094, 1097-9. 2002..Medical professionals can embrace new preventive medicine techniques more effectively by utilizing quantitative methods to assess their patients' risks...
- Components of family history associated with women's disease perceptions for cancer: a report from the Family Healthware™ Impact TrialWendy S Rubinstein
Center for Medical Genetics, NorthShore University Healthsystem, 1000 Central Street, Suite 620, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Genet Med 13:52-62. 2011..To determine the specific components of family history and personal characteristics related to disease perceptions about breast, colon, and ovarian cancers...