KARIN KRISTINA COYLE
Affiliation: ETR Associates
- Condom use: slippage, breakage, and steps for proper use among adolescents in alternative school settingsKarin K Coyle
Research Department, ETR Associates, 4 Carbonero Way, Scotts Valley, CA 95066, USA
J Sch Health 82:345-52. 2012..Research on adolescents' experience using condoms, including condom slippage/breakage, is limited. This exploratory study examines proper condom use and the occurrence of condom slippage/breakage among alternative school youth...
- Safer choices: reducing teen pregnancy, HIV, and STDsK Coyle
ETR Associates, Scotts Valley, California, USA
Public Health Rep 116:82-93. 2001....
- Draw the line/respect the line: a randomized trial of a middle school intervention to reduce sexual risk behaviorsKarin K Coyle
ETR Associates, 4 Carbonero Way, Scotts Valley, CA 95066 2400, USA
Am J Public Health 94:843-51. 2004..This study evaluated the long-term effectiveness of Draw the Line/Respect the Line, a theoretically based curriculum designed to reduce sexual risk behaviors among middle school adolescents...
- All4You! A randomized trial of an HIV, other STDs, and pregnancy prevention intervention for alternative school studentsKarin K Coyle
ETR Associates, Scotts Valley, CA 95066, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 18:187-203. 2006..The All4You! intervention was effective in reducing selected sexual risk behaviors among students in alternative school settings; however, the effects were modest and short term...
- Distributing free fresh fruit and vegetables at school: results of a pilot outcome evaluationKarin K Coyle
ETR Associates, 4 Carbonero Way, Scotts Valley, CA 95066, USA
Public Health Rep 124:660-9. 2009..extent did children's attitudes toward, familiarity with, and preferences for fruit and vegetables change during the school year? and (2) To what extent did children's consumption of fruit and vegetables change during the school year?..
- The "Safer Choices" intervention: its impact on the sexual behaviors of different subgroups of high school studentsDouglas B Kirby
Department of Research, ETR Associates, Scotts Valley, CA 95066 4200, USA
J Adolesc Health 35:442-52. 2004..To measure the relative impact of a school-based human immunodeficiency virus (HIV)-, sexually transmitted disease (STD)-, and pregnancy-prevention intervention on sexual risk-taking behaviors of different subgroups of students...
- Behavioural risk factors and protective factors in adolescents: a comparison of Latinos and non-Latino whitesScott C Carvajal
Research Department, Education, Training, Research ETR Associates, Santa Cruz, CA, USA
Ethn Health 7:181-93. 2002..The outcomes included risk and health behaviours as well as mental health factors consistent with Jessor's framework for describing adolescents' health status...
- Boyfriends, girlfriends and teenagers' risk of sexual involvementBarbara VanOss Marin
Division of Violence Prevention, National Center for Injury Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 38:76-83. 2006..Having a boyfriend or girlfriend, especially an older one, is associated with increased sexual risk in early adolescence. The mechanisms underlying this association are unclear...
- Addressing Sexual Behavior Among Disadvantaged YouthKarin Coyle; Fiscal Year: 2007..Thus, this project will advance existing research on sexual risk behavior as well as provide new data on an important youth population. ..
- Relationships, Sexual Norms, and HIV Prevention Among African American YouthKarin Coyle; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Relationships, Sexual Norms, and HIV Prevention Among African American YouthKARIN KRISTINA COYLE; Fiscal Year: 2010....